F&F Settlement - Job Offer - CiteHR
Partner - Risk Management
Assistant Manager Human Resources
Sridhar Dhandapani
Senior Manager
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Senior members,
I was engaged in reputed b2b travel portal as Senior Manager served them for close to 5years due to dip in sales i was under tremendous presssure to quit hence i had to serve 3 months notice period and my last working day was on 31st May .
Duirng my interaction with my HR team i was told that the F&F /experience/relieving letter will take maximum 60days from my last working day but it is now more than 60 days and i am yet to get any satisfactory reverts from the HR team as they say that my file is still wz my HOD .
Pls can you adv as to how to go about it as i am in despearate need of funds as i am the only earning member wz 2 girl children studying besides my 77 years also i have a job offer on hand and they my releiving letter to process my offer letter .
Pls help me ,
new member

As per industrial employment act and payment of wages act, every resigned or retired employee is eligible for collecting f & f amount in next day of relieved along with documents.
You can request again in writting on letter or e-mail which contains copy.
When no respond from employer, meet labour commissioner.
As per my own experience, when we are right side, matter like these got solved immediately

Dear David Write a mail to your HOD , then to his boss and finally MD keeping all in loop. if no response then , get an notice from advocate under civil court All the Best Shyamal
Hello David,
There is nothing to panic.
If you are staying in the same location go to the office with an application to the HR manager or mail them copy to your HOD.
You are not workman so payment of wages act may not be applicable. The best way is talk to them foe early release of F&F dues and issue of service and relieving certificate.
Ask them if you are not doing so (give them a date) then I will be forced to take the help of court.
Be positive I believe by trying this issues will be resolved.

Dear Senior members/Contributing members,

I sincerely appreciate each one of you for your Valuable positive feedback and guidance, but however i wish to seek more clarity before taking any action on my HOD.

Primararily i am based in a different location from my Head office which is in Mumbai hence if any legal action that i initiate wdo i need to travel to Mumabi ? secondly i do not have money although i have plenty of time on hand since at this point of time i am yet to get the offer letter from my new employer which is pending due i have not submitted my Releiving letter, thirdly how much time will it take if i go legal bcos i spoke to my HR y/day and they just keep replying that my F&F is still wz my HOD .

FYI there is Global HR person shud i write to him ? in the entire episode i wud call it breach of trust bcos the HR and my HOD coerced me to submit my resignation to avail 3 months salary and all dues will be settled accordingly else they actually threatned me saying that i wud be put on PIP program ( perfomance improvement program) failing to achive the Target with in one month then i will have to leave on the 30th day .


New Member

I was also not workman as per Payment of Wages Act and I was working as Manager HR and Admin.and on my 10 times written follow up to employer (H R Deptt.) my F & F amount was not released till 2 months. I directly talked with Asst. Labour Commissioner who knows me due to his industrial visits at my last employed. He resolved my dispute.of F and F amount.
Dear Shyamal,
In this situation the COO will redirect all calls to my HOD this has been the practice for very long time and there has been no results delivered.
If i need to write to the Owner of the company they may not recogonize me as we never had the oppurtunity to them .
Kindly adv shud i proceed legal ?

Dear Bhardwaj,
In the last 2 days i have written 2 mails but there is no revert from him this is his regular way of functioning also i tried to reach the HR person she says that the file is still wz my HOD
In this case what shud i do as i have no money nor strength to take thses guys head on at their Head office ?

The quickest way out for you now is to talk to your new company and tell them they are not releasing your experience letters. Show them the resignation letter (I assume it was signed by hr) and proof that you served the notice pay. If you got replies from hr, then show the mails going back and forth.
Mostly HR departments are pretty much aware if tactic used by companies to harass employees and would take a lenient view.

its better you letter to assistant labour commissioner to resolve this issue. Please understand that once served/employed in organization, work exp.and required documents must be issued.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™