Dear friend
I understood from your letters that you have not submitted the Gratuity claim application form No I. I am attaching the same for your reference and records. Kindly fill it and send it through registered post and get the acknowledgement for further reference. Please do it first. I think you know the gratuity calculation method: Basic +DA / 26 x 15 x no of year service.

From India, Madras

Attached Files
File Type: doc Gratuity Form I.doc (28.0 KB, 201 views)

Dear Viswanath,

Thanks for disclosing your identity.You have rightly assessed that the Central Govt shall be the appropriate authority for the Mars-India software company with branches in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai and as such you have to approach to the Assistant Commissioner Labor (Central), Hyderabad who is the Controlling authority for entertaining you application under Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.The reason is if you go through the definition of 'Appropriate Government' given under Section 2(a)(b) of the PG Act carefully, you will find that any establishment having branches in more than one state, the appropriate authority shall be the Central govt.You have rightly mentioned their office address, which is situated at ATI Campus, Vidyanagar, Hyderabad-500007.It shall be better if you approach personally to the Controlling Authority with Form 'N' duly completed in all respects.Your personal meeting the Controlling Authority may bring some positive results since you have to explain the reasons for submitting application abnormally late.Since you are in India temporarily, you may have to authorize some one to appear before the Controlling Authority on your behalf.

BS Kalsi

Member since Aug 2011

From India, Mumbai

Hi Vishwanath,
You shall approach the central labour commissioner based out in Hyderabad and submit your petition. However please don't forget to take a counterfoil for the petition submitted. I highly feel that your last employer is not/less worried because of your current location, and people at times would leave thing like that, as they don't want to run behind govt offices.
Would also suggest you to approach a corporate adviser/advocate for better suggestions.

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server