Hi I was in service agreement with my employer for 2 years.
I resigned 4 months before and served notice period but they asked me to pay my total bond amount. I was not able to pay and i took resign back.
It has been 20 days only. Now I am in family emergency and need to quit job, Do i Need to serve notice period again and do i need to pay full bond amount for proper relieving. I had 2 years bond and I have completed 1 and half year. Please suggest.

From India, New Delhi
Hi Rajat,
If there is a bond you need to work for entire 2 years else you need to pay the full bond money.
Usually few employers do this to control attrition in their organization (which in my opinion is not a good policy as people who wants to leave will leave anyway) and they do not listen any exigency and impose the bond to the employees.
In your case you can only try to convince your employer if they can consider your case else you need to pay for it.

From India, Delhi
Dear Mr. Rajat,
Explaining your family emergency to the management you can request to waive bond amount and hopefully it will be considered. Management asked employees to serve bond for different reasons in the interest of organisation. If your case is guinine your request definitely will be considered.

From India, Vadodara
hey rajat, unfortunatly you have to pay the whole bond amount to the employer if you left the job before completing 2 years.. only way is to discuss your problem with your employer
From India, Yavatmal
Hi, You can explain the family situations to the management and ask for the waiver. If an employer accepts, defenetly your request for waiver may be considered.
From India, Chennai
Hi Rajat

It's unfortunate that your family emergency is not permitting you to have work continuity. However, the bond conditionality has either legal or financial implications. Your options are :

1. Seek leave on Loss of Pay basis so that you can not only attend to your family needs but also can revert back to your job once things are sorted out on your personal front. This way you will not be willfully breaking the bond.

2. Explain family circumstance and seek either waiver or reduction of bond compensation on humanitarian grounds. You may require to establish the genuineness of your circumstance. This may not necessarily work as TCS is very large and they to entertain individual exceptions is not likely as their concern would be in terms of what precedent they are setting for the thousands of software engineers..

Since your situation is a voluntary resignation by you the first option may work. But it is important that you place all your facts in writing to TCS and make an offer to proceed on Loss of Pay with a commitment of returning back to work and serve out the balance 6 months of your bond period.

It's another matter whether the concept of bond is a good business/HR practice or otherwise, but your reality is that this was mutually agreed by you and TCS 1 1/2 years back.

warm regards

Sudev Rao

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server