As you must be aware that new system has been introduced by EPFO to facilitate online submission of transfer claims by Members with an objective to make the transfer process transparent, efficient and comfortable for your employees. In this regard, PFA herewith the following documents from EPFO for your ready reference.
Circular dt.25th July
Detailed guidelines for registration of the digital signature for authorized signatories of the establishments
FAQ on DSC (Digital Signature Certificates)
Revised Transfer Claim format
The gist of the circular dt.25th July is reproduced below for your quick reference.
• The claims can be submitted through previous employer or present employer
• Transfer form has been redesigned with three parts in such a way to accommodate the option of submission of the claims at the transfer-out office as well as transfer-in office:
i) Part A – Personal information of member
ii) Part B – Details of previous account which is to be certified by previous employer. This would be optional with option C.
(It has been informed in the form that the settlement of claim would take relatively less time in case the claim has been attested by previous employer)
iii) Part C – Details of present account which is to be certified by present employer (Mandatory only if Part B is not certified by previous employer)
• An option would be given shortly to the members to submit the claims through online mode. The process is as follows:
- Member fills the form online on the Online Transfer Claim Portal (OTCP)
- Member will have to take print out of the claim, sign it and submit it to employer; Employer would retain it with himself for his own office record.
- EPFO receives the online transfer claim after due attestation by employer using digital signatures
- Online claim application can also be submitted through previous employer or present employer
• Option to submit the claims through physical form is also allowed to members as they may not have access to internet facility and all the employers may not be able to file the digitally signed claims
• The online claims will be received by a central server @ EPFO which shall check the availability of member details (i.e. Father’s/Husband’s name, relationship, DOB, DOJ & DOL) in the data base. If the details are not available and the application has been received through present employer, the same will be obtained from the previous employer.
• The physical claims received at the transfer-out office would be settled as is being currently done on receipt of the claim from transfer-in office. Physical claims received at the transfer-in office would be digitized at the office of receipt after its verification. No movement of physical claim between the EPFO offices.
• Transfer of PF accumulation would be done through the system of NEFT and the service details would be sent through the digital mode simultaneously.
Hope you find this information usefull.
From India, Karnal
Promoted: Program in Marketing & Sales Management from IIM Kozhikode (Explore Course)
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.