Assistant Manager Human Resources
Talent Acquisition / Consultant - Catalis
Hr , Personnel & Admin
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hi , I am working for an organisation whcih as per policy is to provide confirmation after 6 months based on the feedback . Though I got a positive feedback from my supervisor , I am still waiting (after 10 months) for my confirmation . Every time I talk about the same, they will find some issue to postpone the same one some pretext. I have finally put in my resignation letter with a date , but is it possible to leave the employment before the notice period as I am not a confirmed employee.
From India, Chennai
Dear, Kindly check your employment contract to see the notice period clause regarding reliving from services during probation. Your post seems to be incomplete.
From India, Bhubaneswar
Even if you are under probation, there is normally a notice period specified for the same. You need to check on the terms and conditions and proceed accordingly. Because if you leave the company without serving a notice period there is a good chance that you will not receive a relieving/experience letter which will be required for future jobs. And as you have worked for 10 months, it is always advisable that you get an experience a relieving letter before leaving.
And you are saying that you have already resigned from the company, so what was their reaction? Are they trying to retain you? Did you tell them the reason for resigning?

From India, Bangalore
Ideally the rule is,
If your appointment letter states that you shall be under probation or shall be confirmed after X months then,
Even if the company fails to give you confirmation letter, it is presumed that you've confirmed the employment...
If incase the probation or confirmation period needs to be extended, the same ought to be communicated to the person by issuing extention of probation period letter.
Since you've not been issued extention letter, presume that you've confirmed the duty. Accordingly act.
I would suggest since you've already completed 10 months in the employment, wait for a couple of month's complete 1 full year and then switch so that it don't look bad on your CV when you go around for new job.
All the best

From India, Mumbai
Yes .Its correct.
If you have completed 240 days in service its deemed you are confirmed .
Employer can not keep you working showing probation for years .
I suggest you to complete a year see what happens , increment etc then
take the decision.
Rajeev Dixit

From India, Bangalore
Employee will be deemed to be a permanent employee unless his/her probation is extended in writing.
From India, Bhubaneswar
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™