dear Sir,
i had been employed overseas for an job but i came back since of political and bad working atmosphere. i had been send on Business Visa for a job and been told that your work permit would be change there after and i had not received offer letter /Contract Letter . i had been told in India i would be paid 1500.00$ monthly .but after reaching there i had been told you would be paid only 50,000 Indian rupees.
since i came back the Employer is asking me to refund the money he applied for me on business visa.
as there was no terms and conditions laid on me.
I would like to ask and provide me advice and suggestion on right if the employer file a case for reimbursements.
Although as per labor law an employee cant work on Business Visa. also no agreement .
i would suggest you to provide me an correct advice so on.

From India, Delhi
You have mentioned that you had been employed overseas, but please mention the country name since law differs from country to country. Also let the forum know whether the company is Indian Company and you were working for them overseas so that seniors can advise you accordingly.
From India, Ahmadabad
Dear Sir,
thanks for your reply,
i had been employed in Nigeria Lagos . and that is an Indian company having branch in mumbai kandivili dealing Pharma drugs and formulations medicine.
i had not signed any contract with him since he had verbally offered me 1500$ as my monthly package . but reaching there i came to know my basic would be 50k just also the working condition and mental harassment .
now the company is asking me to pay my visa charges and ticket charges although the it was an Business Visa which company had removed so that i can travel for their urgency.
They had made a lawyer to send me a notice to pay back the expense.
kindly give me appropriate advice.

From India, Delhi
Hire a Lawyer since the company has send you a legal notice you are supposed to reply the notice send to you. Also let the forum know how much money the company is demanding for their visa expenses if it is meager amount then to hire a lawyer then it is better to pay off.
From India, Ahmadabad
Dear Vikas,
First, when you have not received any written document from the company for your job then why you move - it can be more problematic then what you had but God help you - thanks to God. Never ever trust on such thing which is baseless.
As per my understanding, you dont have to worry instead to reply your response on notice as they used a law. You are having two strong point first - no written document of your job like offer letter on contract letter and second thing you was on business visa and in any country, business visa is only for to roam around not to work in country.
In your response, you can mention you these point.
Kasim Ansari

From India, Mumbai
Dear Vikas
I agree with Mr. Kasim Ansari and request you to follow his advice of not to respond the legal notice when there is no written document. They should also have any documentary evidence to prove their views. if any suit is filed against you only then should file reply while taking the visa as the company sent to abroad for procuring business while roaming and not doing job. You did the job and reported back to the company. Now you are no more interested to procure business for the company while roaming abroad.
V K Gupta

From India, Panipat

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server