Placement Consultancy
Private Consultant On Labour Laws
Eswararao Ivaturi
Ex-manager (pers&adma)
Manager Human Resource
Hr & Ir Professsional
+5 Others

Prime Sponsor - FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I have served the entire notice period of 3 months as per my appointment letter. I have the resination receipt acknowledgement, however, my resignation is yet to be accepted. I also have the copies of my attendance sheets for the entire 3 months during which I was serving the notice. Do I need to continue or I can leave as per appointment letter. Kindly guide.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
You need not if the appointment order says 'your service is terminable by giving three months notice from either side ' Varghese Mathew
If you need a certificate, then you need to wait. Ensure proper handing over.
If you have completed three months notice. send a letter stating all facts. Mention that you would like to get relieved on a specific date. Also specify that if you do not receive relieving order, you will not attend office from the specified date onwards. Mark copies to HR, CEO and Accounts. If I were in your position, I would mark copies to all HODs to make it a Organisational issue.
If you do not want certificate and if you are not holding a cashiers position you can walk out without any further reference
Your resignation is deemed to be accepted after serving your notice period. Just write a email mentioning that you have completed your notice period and from date onward you will not be in office. Same email you can use as proof with your new employer.
Dear Member,
If there is a clause of three months notice period in your appointment letter & you have rendered three months service after resignation.I don\'t see any reason for their inaction. The management should have either accepted or rejected your resignation before completion of your notice period.Leaving without their consent may harm your prospectus elsewhere as such you talk to the senior officials of HR deptt. and settle the issue.
BS Kalsi
Member since Aug 2011
Hi :
There is a small possibility that completing your release formalities may have been missed by your HR. Just send a reminder to your supervisor/HR/HOD refering your resignation dated ____ and state that you have served 3 months notice period as per terms mentioned on your appmt letter. Conclude stating that you will like to be released immediately and not later than ______ and all the dues settled accordingly.
Let us know the progress on this matter at your end.
- Gia

Did you have any communication with the HR department in this period of 3 months? It would not be a big issue, if they just forgot to process the reliving activities. They can process it & relieve you from the company quickly (2-3 days). Then you may want to extend your services for that small period.

Any way, it is mandatory that the employer responds to the resignation with acceptance or rejection, with valid & clear reason. This letter generally also states the last working date. If you have received any such communication from HR, then the notice period may be calculated starting "after the date of acceptance" & not "after the date of resignation".

If this is not done by the employer, & if they also do not respond to the letter format suggested by Gia in above post; then you are free to stop work after the notice period, as mentioned in the contract. If you want to do this, then please write a letter to HR stating that you did not receive any rejection response in the deemed period, hence the resignation is considered accepted & as per the contract, you would like to discontinue your services after notice period. Then you can still obtain relieving letter & F&F settlement later.


Dear Friends
I also want to view that approaching to HR Deptt. by suitable means, showing your problem is genuine way and if not get the appropriate reply then moving forward with new employer keeping all the communicated documents will be sufficient to overcome any arised situation.

Hi, if you served the notice of three months to your employer as per the terms of your appointment letter and if no communication from
has been received from the employer, you can presume that your resignation has been accepted and you are relieved from the organisation. Accordingly you may write a letter
to your employer requesting
him to issue the relieving
letter and the final dues.
Legally your employer will not have any claim on you as you have given sufficient
notice period. You may keep
a copy of the letter which will helpful to you.
Hope this is clear.
Eswararao Ivaturi.

Dear All Seniors
Can we have any firm process or practices which can be implemented. This is very common case, where companies hold certificates of experience & relieving and in some cases, full & final dues & PF. Threatening employees on basis of service letters not a sing of good companies.
Many big companies bother their Image rather than playing this kind of games with employees who has completed his/her notice period without any dues. As, HR I always think to overcome such issues, which creates problems for employees and company.
Prime Sponsor - Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™