I was selected by a Private Limited Company 3 months ago during campus hiring .
the company took 10000 Rupees for the initial training ( i don\'t have proof of which but college authorities are aware of that).
they made an official offer letter also, in that they didn\'t mentioned any any bond or minimum commitment period.
But now at the time of joining the company HR is asking for submitting original mark sheets and give in writing a commitment of 3 years of service.
I would be grateful if you can let me know if this is illegal and how can i site the same to the HR so that he would be forced to withdraw these terms.
I would also want to know in the worst case scenario if the company do not agree and i will not join can i file a case and get compensation for ruining my career?
Thanks & Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Please do not give your original certificates. I am amazed that you paid them money for training you. My advice is do not bother with such firms and seek employment elsewhere. I am no legal expert; but you can't claim any compensation for ruining your career; you had a choice to join or not join and pay a fee.
From United Kingdom
Such companies should not be allowed for campus selection, since in most colleges students are not allowed to sit for further placment once he gets a job offer. Do not handover ur certificates to anyone, the company can armtwist and make u pay more than what u earn from them.
From India, Bangalore
Meet your Principal & inform him about the incident. In the interest of your juniors, you can suggest the college to inform the companies recruiting from the campus to give the college a draft of the terms & conditions that the student would have to abide by, upon selection.
This company must be asked by the Principal / admin in charge of campus recruitment on why they are coming up with adhoc requirements. They will reply the college auth. ,else ensure the college stops inviting such companies.
You can also speak to your class mates if they have encountered any such problems & if they feel the way you do,all of you can collectively represent to your HOD/Principal or any other authority in college and appeal to them to use their office to keep these employers under check.
Donot part with your original certificates.

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server