Service , Head Hr
B K BHATIA
Director Of Company
28th June 2013 From India, Delhi
Recently read an interesting post and is something related to empowering people with transparency. May be helpful for you to come up with some new initiatives for your organization. One thing is sure, many successful companies started treating people with right info as the competitive advantage. May be, you can also try to create/nurture such a culture in your organization.
29th June 2013 From India, Bangalore
Very good to see a young, dynamic and man with ideas visdom. Your approach to the company is good and please continue with it. Have some basic anecdots also implemented in your daily routine which do not cost time and money but only the presence of your own mind. A few gestures like wishing somebody good morning, good afternoon or good eveneing, shaking welcome hand and inquiring to employees, guests or even contract workers if they need any help and extend within your own limits. Share a joke with someone you may not be very familier or don't like his or her face but has to bump in everyday.
These are mundane gestures which can be executed without effort and has no meaning at all. I request you to try these small gestures for at least six months in the same environment and if you still remember my e-mail address please drop a few lines about your experience. I can assure you your half the problems of day-to-day life will get resolved then and there only without any efforts. I am a 58 years old retired professional now working as VP (Admin) in a big Company in India itself.
Wishing you all the best and with warm wishes.
30th June 2013 From India, Pune
To begin with ensure the entire HR team including yourself understand the business & business challenges that the organization has. Listen your customers (internal employees) and create channels of communication. Have a stay interview done, have open houses, departmental meetings. Through these identify areas that need improvement and in discussion with employees arrive at interventions, This will ensure employee buy in. Plus you are giving them what they need to perform better and excel in their roles. After all, only those products and services sell in the market that the customer wants. So is it with your customers - all employees!
1st July 2013
I suggest you to -
1. Automate the excel sheets which are used extensively in your daily work (using macros and fomuals)
2. If you know about graphical report generation using Excel charts will be better and i feel will be liked. Since there is a huge data in multiple excels sheets which takes time to analyze to know the trends. If you can create graphs or generate some kind of conclusion (may be graphical) will be nice
3. Understand company policies and create presentations on them
4. Start knowledge sharing sessions weekly or bi weekly; where you or someone will explain HR key point/company poilcy and attendees will discuss how to adopt new things or improve existing policies
5. Study on behavioural since because HR deals with human and think on creating/modifying policies based on it
6. Think of need of any report/data which is required at time to time but there is no standard document or process is not established so far work on it
1st July 2013 From India, Mumbai
I am so happy to share experience with you all its been only two months I have joined this company and me and my HR has implemented a couple of things like Newsletter , Exit Interview , background checking . I have also introduced a anonymous feedback questioner especially to get feedback of other people towards HR department, the reason is that I have seen few things getting delayed , My aim is not get delayed any further.
1st July 2013 From India, Coimbatore
It is really appreciable that you have implemented good HR practices like Employee News Letter, Exit Interview, Employee training etc...and you are keen to implement more and more good practice in the organization.
1. You can implement the concept of "Employee of the Month" wherein the Sales consultant who has sold the highest number of cars / your service advisor who has generated the highest amount of labour / your customer care executive - tele callers with highest performance in terms of customer appointment for service can be selected. You can even give them some prize by company representatives of respective function visits your dealership, if your budget permits. The prize could be a dinner with the Company Representative in some good Hotel.
2. Automobile manufactures many a times organizes national wide contest. Encourage your employees to participate in such contests. Since there are different rounds of contests, don't forget to recognize the performance of your employee, if any, by sharing his achievement with the other employees.
3. I am not sure about your dealership, but it is observed that many dealerships are facing the problem of high attrition rate. Design a nice badge for those employees who have completed say 5 years with the organization and I am very sure old employees will definitely feel proud to wear the same.
These are few practices which I implemented in my dealership and was rated as the best dealership in HR polices by the parent company during my tenure with the dealership.
Sultanate of Oman
6th July 2013 From Oman, Muscat
Thank you soooo much for the time and effort. we already have the practice for best sales consultant , and other concept which you said like giving a special ID card for the employee who has completed 5 years , that was really a good way of motivation and a good kind of strategy.
8th July 2013 From India, Coimbatore