This is one of the problems of distance learning; not having peer support. So, I suggest that you find out from your institution if they give any distance support; also find out if you can have contact IDs of other students. If they do not kindly state on CiteHR in which institution you have enrolled. You may find students in a similar situation to you will contact you. Then, form a distance learning cohort support group.
Your question is very general to give you any concrete advice.
25th June 2013 From United Kingdom
26th June 2013 From India, Mumbai
Because generally if a book covers one side of the subject properly then other book covers some other side (thats why there are so many books in market).
Generally nowa days university itself refer the books for subject; i suggest you to get official syllabus from university or talk to right person in the university.
Other way i can suggest is soft copy of books for preview are available on websites such as google books, amazon.com etc. ebook sites where you can check index of the book and match with your syllabus if suits your syllabus, can go for purchase.
28th June 2013 From India, Mumbai
There may not be a prescribed book for these subjects. You have to see the syllabus and refer the suggested reference books and prepare your notes.
Distance Learning involves self learning
If you post the syllabus I shall make suggestion which may cover maximum of the topics.
All the best.
28th June 2013 From India, Chennai
My Institute is Indian Management School & Research Centre, Navi Mumbai. Last time I was mentioned related Subject, here I will give content in Finance Subject :
Contents of Finance Management
1. Financial Management - An overview
2. Time Value of Money
3. Risk and Return
4. Valuation of bonds and Shares
5. Cash Flow Statement
6. Financial Statement Analysis
7. Volume Cost Profit Analysis
8. Budgeting and Profit Planning
9. Capital Budgeting l: Principles and Techniques
10. Capital Budgeting ll: Additional Aspects
11. Concepts and Measurement of Cost of Capital
12. Analysis of Risk and Uncertainty
13. Working Capital Management – An Overview
14. Management of cash and Marketable
15. Receivable Management
16. Inventory Management
17. Working Capital Financing
18. Operating Financial and Combined Leverage
19. Capital Structure Cost of capital and Valuation
20. Designing Capital Structure
21. Capital Markets
22. Equity/ Ordinary Shares
23. Term Loans, Debentures/ Bonds and Securitization
24. Hybrid financing/ Instruments
25. Lease Financing and Hire- purchase Finance
26. Venture capital Financing
27. Option Valuation
28. Derivatives: Managing Financial Risk
29. Corporate Governance
30. Dividend and Valuation
31. Determinants of Dividend Policy
32. Business Valuation
33. Corporate Restructuring
34. Foreign Exchange Markets and Dealings
35. Foreign Exchange exposure and Risk Management
36. International Financial Management
In other subject I have no Idea. I shall search then try to send you content list
28th June 2013 From India, Mumbai
Thank you for the information. I suggest that you create another thread "IIMRT MBA students' Forum" as the title and seek students to respond.
As far as identifying the books needed, please search for similar courses on the web. For example, I found one on Principles and Practices of Management at MNGT 1211: Management Principles and Practices Please let us know if IIMRT provide as much information about a module as Thomson Rivers University does.
I am sure that you will find all the information that you are seeking if you search TRU's website using the right key words from your subject list.
28th June 2013 From United Kingdom