Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
As rightly said by Mr. Keshav, after three years the Unpaid Bonus & Unpaid Wages must be submitted to the respective States LWF.
But before declaring the Unpaid Bonus in the register, you can directly deposit the Bonus Amount in the Bank Account of the Ex-employees with an intimation to them. Keep the record of deposit details alongwith the Form C for any inspection purpose. The Account Numbers must be available with you while relieving the employees for depositing their F&F Amount.

From India, Kumbakonam
Dear KK
POW act says bonus is excluded if it is not a part if the remuneration payable under the term of employment, or under award or settlement or order of court.
There are few cases which I can think of where the bonus does not come under remuneration payable under terms of employment, or under settlement with union.
So I believe bonus will come under payment of wages act

From India, Mumbai
Statutory Bonus is not part of wages in any of labour laws pertaining to wages.
Some organization( preferably construction and security) do pay Statutory Bonus and Gratuity and also add 1 PL/EL/AL as part of wages-GROSS salary and on this total, deducts applicable ESIC also,which is wrong.
If employee demands the same at the time of Statutory Bonus payment, and rendered service aas mentioned in Gratuity Act, in these case, both Statutory Bonus and gratuity have to be paid even if paid per month.
Please read HRM-LLR journal for judgements on the same matter.

From India, Ahmadabad
Dear All,
I resigned my previous company on September 2012 from that
time I demanding my bonus payment of fy 12-13 from employer
but they not respond my call, mail, message even I gave application to
hr person & yesterday hr person told me your bonus amount deposit ed
in labour welfare fund how can this possible even I am continuesly following
for this payment please help me on this matter how to get this payment
could I apply to the labour welfare office?

From India
Dear Yogesh ji,
Bonus for the year 2012-13 was payable to you on or before 30.11.2013 as per the provisions of POB Act.
The unpaid accumulation with company, the company is liable to deposit it with LW Board not before 3 years from the date of payment as declared.
Either you HR is unaware of the law or he is bluffing you.
You are advised to send a letter by Regd AD to the company demanding Bonus by you. If company doesn't pay, make a written complaint to Labour Commissioner.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Yogesh ji,
In continuation of my earlier post:
Please note, time limit for application to the authority i.e. Labour Commissioner is one year from the date on which Bonus amount became due. Therefore, act accordingly.

From India, Mumbai

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™