My comments are based on the assumption that whatever you have written is true.
Nothing is bizarre than to ask employee to resign because he met ex-employee. Anybody can meet anybody in his personal time. Why your management has got objection for this meeting? I feel that there is something more than meets the eye.
Possibly that ex-employee knows some black secrets or wrongdoings of the company. Why any company will otherwise get so perturbed when current employee meets some ex-employee?
Otherwise, management may wanted to remove your friend and they were searching some reason. Now they could be using this instance as alibi. But again that's nonsense. They could have told clearly why are they are removing your friend.
Is it that your friend has done some shady activity? He appears to have lost the confidence of management. Has he created anyone's position insecure?
As a solution I can only say that he can ask personal meeting with the MD and obtain clarification. To protect his employment, let him ask for the apology (even in written also). If nothing works then it is his fate and tell him to move on.
Dinesh V Divekar
Thanks for your response. i appreciate same. My friend has not done any shady activity infact within short time tried to streamline things. Yes one things just to bring to your notice is that last 1 yr this position was vacant and his junior was managing things and reporting to MD in H.O but now reporting to my frend, he is based at H.O whereas my friend is located at other regional office. Earlier my friend was told that team will be shifted to regional office. And his junior will also be shifted. but they didn't. My friend apologized to management. actually my friend do not belong to that place he has relocated for this job from home town. He suspects that One new person has joined in some other Dept, & has referred some close relative of his for this position as that person is in some problem in his company (my friend know that person indirectly) He is just suspecting that he will join and they are finding this as reason bcoz they will not caught for his competency. He has blvd that senior person and joined this company and relocated. But now .... He is lost all hopes and faith and has fear to join job. going under depression... He has requested them but all in vain
1. First and foremost, one must learn to work for organization and not for people. People may come and go, but organization remains. If someone takes decision to join an organization wherever his boss is moving, he is insecured and not confident enought. This lesson prima facie, your friend must learn.
2. Why meeting an ex-employee and get sacked? Even you meet / talked to your counterpart in other branch / region, you are sacked? Don't you feel preposterous? There are certain organizations and hence there is nothing amazing that your friend faced in your organization.
3. I always used to tell my people "are you sure you want to be in HR Department? Are you sure you want to pursue your career in HR field? If you are sure, try to be honest, free from all cheap politics, straight forward, etc" In my opinion HR department must be synonymous for honest. Those who do not understand this, will get into politics like this and try to use you (or friend) as a scape goat to climb on ladder.
4. As opined in the earlier posting by Dinesh, this could have been a ploy to oust your friend from the company by some elements for vested interests. There is no point in talking about this. Knowingly or unnowingly your friend fell victim to this.
5. There is no point in getting depressed, or losing confidence. Mistakes are part of our lives. If you do not have problem, you are sure that you are not in the right path - said Swami Vivekananda. If one door is shut, God opens another door. Secondly I feel the problems polish you like diamond. You become stronger when you face problems. I do not think for any reason, your friend must get upset about anything. As long as he has those (HR ) skills and talent, within no time he can clinch a job. There is no point in talking about some idiots and waste your time and energy and get depressed. I strongly advise him to go for some movie, or let him go to some place and spend a couple of days, listen to some Carntic / classical music and get rejuvenated. Success is never ending and failure is never final. Keep smiling keep going.