Business Development, Employee Relations,
+1 Other

Prime Sponsor - - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Hello friends & seniors,
I want to make my passport.but i have some doubts.Before marriage my name was Sunita Dhoundiyal & Now My surname has been changed to Joshi.(According to Marriage certificate).
But my all edu docs are with my previous surname including the PAN Card.
so my query is that when i will apply for passport what name should i use.Should i need to change my name in PAN Card first then apply for it with a new surname?
Please suggest.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi, You can apply for necessary corrections in the PAN card along with necessary documents as required and then your new surname will appear in the pan card then you can apply for the passport.
PAN is ID proof. For passport, Address proof with photo is needed. I think, an affidavit signed by Notary Public on the change of surname is suffice. Visit passportseva web site. Pon
hi Sunita,
Just visit your concerend passport office and they will guide you exactly what needs to be done. What you are asking is true for all married women and nothing new. we have a procedure and it already listed in FAQ on concerened district passport office websites.
Wish you all best.
Prime Sponsor - "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™