No Tags Found!

Sir / Madam,
We are working in one XYZ Manufacturing Industry based at Raipur (Chattisgarh) having their Corporate Office at Nagpur (Maharashtra).
The company have deputed us to work in their Corporate Office at Nagpur, hence we are working here in Nagpur (Maharashtra).
At the end of the month Nagpur HR Dept. sends our Attendance to Raipur HR Dept. and our Salary is processed and disbursed to us from Raipur.
You are well aware that Professional Tax Act is active in Maharashtra State. However Chattisgarh State Government has already give exemption to Employees to pay Professional Tax to Chattisgarh Government vide their Notification dated 28.03.2008.
I request you to kindly let me know, whether \"The Maharashtra State Tax on Professions, Trades, Callings & Employments Act 1975\" will be applicable to us or not.
Whether we are liable to pay Professional Tax to State Government of Maharashtra, even we are employed on payroll of XYZ Company having its based at Raipur.

From India, Surat
Partner - Risk Management
Manager-hr Compliances
Asst. Manager (hr & Admin)
+1 Other


Dear WZQuazi,
According to Professional Tax Act you are liable to give professional tax to Maharashtra Government whether your company based from Maharasthra or out of Maharasthra. Currently your company doing business in Maharastra so you are liable to give professional tax.

With Regards,
Vineet Deshmukh

From India, Yavatmal

Is this a short term deputation or long term ?
If it is short term, you can get away by showing that your working / posting is in chattisgad and you are here only in relation with work on a short basis

From India, Mumbai

Whoever is working in CG physically they will be coming under CG P Tax slab & same for MH too....hope there is no P Tax in CG....
From United States, Cambridge
Dear all
Can somebody give me information - whether professional tax is applicable if person is getting stipend and not salary?
I was a salaried employee two years back and PT was deducted monthly by my employer. since then i have joined a professional training course and i am getting stipend since two years and since then i have not paid my professional tax. I have been served notice for same.
please help

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.