Sr. Manager Hr/admin
Admin Professional
Retired From Air India
Premkumar Nair
Manager (hr)-retired
S/w Engineer
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I have applied for PF withdrawl .They have already transferred the amount to my axis bank on 20th march 2013. But the thing is the account was already closed in feb-2013 only.
When i am asking them its not there responsibility and they are asking to check with the bank people.
please let me know what i can do in this case.

First you may check up with your bankers (Axis Bank) about the status of such a payment by producing the confirmation of EPF authorities and seek their advice. If possible, get a letter or some other proof to show that the amount so remitted by the EPFO had returned to them and then approach the EPFO alongwith details of your new bank account, duly attested by your present bankers, for re-remittance of your dues.
Best of luck.

Once after giving the bank details to PF department it is not advisable to close the account till the amounts are credited.
Even if you had closed it is your mistake that you din't update the change of account details.
No need to worry. Check with the bank about funds transferred to the account. If your account is not existing then sure the funds will return to PF department & they will send a letter to you to resubmit the PF Withdrawal forms or you shall request for change of account details.

Hi All,
When i consulted with the PF department they are saying that they have transfered the money,i need to check with my bank.
When i am consulting my bank they are saying that for a closed account NEFT transfer will not be possible so better ask PF office regarding this.
I am in a helpless situation.
Please help me what i can do now.
Thanks in advance.

In that case it is better to give a letter to PF department stating as the Account is closed and request letter to change the payment details to new Bank account. For that you should enclose below below documents.
1) If you have any confirmation for account closure then enclose that copy else get a letter from the bank stating your account has been closed and any payments from PF department comes the same shall be returned.
2) Cancelled cheque leaf of the new account for confirmation of Name, account number & bank details
Even if they are not accepting then you don't leave the matter. Take the same to high level. Tell PRO as you need to meet Case worker, Then Accounts officer & finally Commissioner.
Then your problem shall be solved.
Even I faced many issues with PF and got solved

First of all you have to check which detail of bank account you have provided to PF department, if you have provided detail of a closed bank account and balance is not transferred in it. Than you just ask PF dept that please provide transaction/ NEFT number so that you can check it with your bank.
Similler kind of case happened with my known person but PF department just provided a form and after filliing it money was provided.
You may also file a written complain to dept that how does money can be transferred in a closed account and ask them to verify the same with thier acounts dept.

If you have gaureente that the amount transferred to your account through cheque, in such cases bank will return the cheques to PF authorities. on confirmation , ask your employer to give the Re authorisation form filled and get signature by authorised signatory and submit to PF office mentioning your correct Bank Account No and address.
Your amount will follow

Hi, you have to fill ASR form and submit in PF office . the payment will be transfer in new bank account . if asr form required and ask for same. Regards Jugbir
Hi vinay.somani87,
I have checked with them, they have transfered to the closed acount only.
You told that "Similler kind of case happened with my known person but PF department just provided a form and after filliing it money was provided."
So can you please ask him and let me know the procedure, so that i can do the same.
Please help me in this case.
Thanks in advacne.

I appreciate the suggestion you received from above members.
Contacts once your bank along with EPFO website payment transferred status which you can get in EPFO website by putting your EPF account number in status option.
If your Bank still not settled your account you will get the payment through Bank Only If not then process for as above suggested by Respective Members!

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™