Dear Seniors, 8 months back i worked in a HR consulting firm. Where i worked there for 10 months they didn't pay my salary ( 4 months salary pending) due to very low turnover on business, So i quit the company. While quitting they promised that they will pay my salary within a month but till now they didnt. They didnt give offer letter and also the relieving letter. Only proof i have is they created an official mail id on my name also they printed business card with my name. with this proof can i take legal action against them. Need your suggestions. Thanks
From India, Coimbatore
Dear Ebinezar,
The company didn't give you any documents and the only proof you have is company email id and business card. Why didn't you collect you docs? They might have disabled you email id by now and business card cannot prove that it is given by them only. They may claim that they haven't issued it. It is not an easy thing to go against them legally with the limited proofs that you have. You have only one option left. Rather than taking legal action, try to talk to your old company and solve the issue. or else just forget and move on with the new opportunity.
Thanks & Regards,
Srilakshmi Korukonda

From India, Hyderabad
Hi Srilakshmi, Thanks for the reply. I have few mails which i have forwarded to my personal mail from the official mail id. So is this proof is enough?
From India, Coimbatore
Hi Ebinezar, I don’t think it may help you much. But, lets take the opinion of other senior members also. Regards, Srilakshmi korukonda
From India, Hyderabad
Email Id and business cards may not be helpful to you.Because the email id's will be diabled once you quit the company.Even in my organiztaion within 15mts of their relieving the ids will be blocked and business card cannot prove that you have worked with them.
Please solve the issue with compromising way.

From India, Hyderabad
In India, the protection is meant only for workers who fall under Indian Factory Act.
In Management position, an employee is at a disadvantage even if he is thrown out of the company without any reason.
You will not find any case in which an employee in Management position has won any case in any court in India against his employer on these ground.
Actually, Management employee is at the mercy of his employer. It is only the ethics and the governance policies of the private companies which cater to employee's rights.
Praveen Srivastava

From India, Pune
First, neither mails claimed to be sent from official if or business card will help, except as supporting circumstantial evidence. The main evidence needs to be elsewhere
The employer can claim that the I'd was spoofed and fake.
So that does not help either.
Meanwhile, the company didn't pay you cause they didn't have money. What makes you think they will be able to pay you now ? It is likely to end up being more of a time waste. Instead focus on your next job

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server