Critical to business for maintenance and sustenance is only through HR. Though in a start-up business the HR focus is basically on the principle aspects for palnning & management needs.
- Ideal staffing level (mostly in call-centers) is the key to corporate success. Should always look out for economies, less staffed ot overstaffed might not reap the benefits to the organization.
- HR should work on the strategic expansionof other departments like Marketing, Sales, IT etc., for getting the start-up business to an optimum level
- HR planning should always be time bound in case the organization is out to expand and diversify its product range.
- Requirement of training to be provided to employees.
- Seek the employees as much for IJP rather to hiring candidates externally, job cost cutting wouldn't be mandated and things go smoother planned properly.
HR is a live set-up with real forces in action. Therefore, a need for smaller actions to be taken care of for a bigger prospect.
30th April 2013 From India, Visakhapatnam