Presently Working As Dy Manager Hr &
Accountant, Hr & Ir Handling
Korgaonkar K A
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Seniors,
I have a question regarding EPS withdrawal. Recently i got to know that EPS cannot be withdrawn before retirement age. Is it true?
During our career we change many companies and we complete 2 forms for EPC form 19 and for EPS form 10 C for withdrawals after leaving the company. I got to know that only PF withdrawal form is processed and not the pension form as we have not reached retirement age.
I think this is not true
Where as on internet i found out that EPS can be withdrawan if one has less than 10 years of service with any company. If one completes 10 or more years EPS cannot be withdrawan.
I am little confused. Please clarify, what is correct.

From India, Mumbai
Request you to reply, I have already tried finding information from old posts but i am not getting clear idea
From India, Mumbai
Dear Pooja ji,
You are eligible / entitle for withdrawal of Pension only when you leave your services after completing 6 months and before completing 10 years of pensionable service.
Once you complete 10 years of pensionable service, you are not eligible / entitle for withdrawal of pension. In this case you are eligible / entitle to get monthly pension on reaching the age 50 at reduce rate or at 58 full pension.
After completing 10 years of pensionable service if you leave and withdraw the PF accumulation, you need to apply for scheme certificate under Pension.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Nukani
Mr. KKA is right. person who worked 6month or more can eligible to withdrow the amount by filling form 10c. And as per my suggesion, now you can withdrown your pention & PF amount through online
Thanks / Regards

From India, Jamshedpur

Attached Files
File Type: zip (433.7 KB, 191 views)

I endorse Mr. Korgaonkar, he has given info with clarity. Regards, Suresh
From India, Bangalore
Dear Nukani,
Employees can withdraw their EPF through Form 19 and EPS through Form 10 C.
In Form 10C you will find an option to opt for pension (yes or no), if you opt for No. Total amount will be paid by PF authority. In case if you opt for Pension by saying yes... a laminated certificate will be sent by them which can be utilised after reaching beyond 50 yrs or 58 yrs and suitable pension will be released from time to time.
Those who could not work more than 6 months, employee contributions can only be claimed i.e EPF Account instead they can go for transfer of fund to New Account, where 100% can be transferred and the contributions are safe........dear members .... pls clarify whether this is correct or not ?
Hope the above is clear now
Regards==S Rao /Hyderabad /9849562900

From India, Hyderabad
I need your guidance. I worked for 9 yrs 11 months in an IT company. I quit in 2011 and migrated overseas. Recently, I was able to withdraw my PF amount using the UAN based form 19. However, my UAN based form 10c was rejected by the PF office without ascribing any reason. I no longer reside in India nor am I working with an Indian company. Can you please guide me as to how can i withdraw my EPS amount?
Thanks for your help
Prasanna Rao

From Netherlands, Amstelveen
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™