Hr Assistant
Manager Hr

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am working in a company, where company gives only EL-earned leaves to the workers and employees. few employees get only 15 leaves and some gets 45 and they do not provide any kind of CL & SL, our company is a manufacturing firm and registered by Factories Act-1948.
Some of us have been working in company for last 5 to 6 years and dont get CL's and SL's. they get only 15 EL's in a year.
Is it right practice by the company or we can take some kind of legal action against the company, kindly tell me the procedure for taking legal action in detailed version.

Hi Shams
Factory is governed by various labour law. As per leave it is governed by two law Factory Act and Standing order.
As Per factory Act employees are entitle for avail one leave of 20 working days after 240 days if employees left/terminate/died than avail before.
As per CL and SL it governed by Standing order if your factory have certified standing order than you are entitle for avail CL and SL as per mention in standing order.
Apart this organisation have their own leave policy and they follow accordingly.
Leave are also governed by Shop and establishment Act.

Thanks Manish,
My company has got certified standing order, in which there has been clearly mentioned an employee is entitled to get seven days casual leaves in a calender year, now tell me how to file a case against them not to provide for giving CL's to employees ans workers.
waiting for your response.

Dear Member
As you mentioned that you have Certified Standing orders, so the probability is high that there is a Union too. Why dont you ask your union leaders to take up the matter with the management or the labour authorities as they find appropriate.
Preetam Deshpande

Dear Mr.Preetam Deshpande, in our company, there is no union or union leader and nobody has been designated as employee representative. now tell me what to do next......... shams
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™