How long has it been since you joined the company ?
The company started in 2011,Hence I'm sure they would have records of all the past Business orders closed successfully. Why don't you investigate the parameters like : email formats, negotiations and client follow-up procedures, clients background ( like was it company or individual client), repeat clients and many more. With this you can compare the results with the way you operate and bring about changes that are required.
Apart from this you will also have to pay attention to few other things like:
1) Tying up with companies ? Good Packages can get you a contract.
2) How about launching your own brand? This also in a way serves as a promoting tool.
3) Did you consider social media marketing ? Linkedin and few other sites are good place to build up client data base.
4) Sometimes care should be taken to tailor your emails according to the requirements of the clients. It doesn't always have to be a detailed company profile you send. Clients may not have the time to go through your emails in such lengths.
5) It also helps if you can manage to get the clients to tell you why they are not willing to meet/follow-up even after making an appointment. You don't have to be pushy, but suggest to the clients that you are collecting valuable feedback. If they don't comply, simply thank them and end it.
6) You mention that your company provides both software and hardware services, right? Ensure that when you email clients, that you mention both domains if and only if you are required to. If not, just reply with a specific service that the client is looking for.
7) Ask your boss, if there is any area which he thinks that you should work on and follow up with it.
Hope this helps you,
I joined this company from Jan 9th 2013,,they don't have any such nor database, no active customers, advertising templates i am the only female need to work from scarch.
I am using my data base calling them for requirements,appointments. My MD told me to go on field..... it is difficult for me going alone on field.. i need to take care of embedded-software,hardware and networking projects onto development and design.
Know the problem is they are asking for revenue.....
Kindly help me how to handle this....... need to continue in this office or look for alternative
Small Business Ideas and Resources for Entrepreneursi will sugesst u plzzz go through this link ,,,,,n try to understand,,,,,i hope this will be helpfulll.......
Thank you for ur updates,,,,,,
Our company is operating operating with many other business too.... tht is also new to the company like BPO,Web designing,palacement consulting and development -Hardware and Software (embedded). II want to concentrate only on designing and development part to generate leads, enquiry, quotation, purchase and go for appointment.
I dont have people to go on field, i should take care.... on the of time interview i told them me not interested to go on field....
they are asking for revenue..
pls help me
As a BDE, your job role is to enhance the already client base and market yourself (i mean your company and the products and/or services they offer) so that they want to try you at first and renew the contracts with you.
I first thought that marketing is rocket science, but to be honest it is not.
Marketing is all about telling others about your product and/or services and how usable they are.
Firstly are you convinced about the services you're offering?
If not, how do you expect others to be convinced.
If there are any feedback you think your company should work on, please suggest from the viewpoint of a customer.
Do one thing, first do a thorough study of all your services and put them down on the paper.
The features of the services and how usable they are.
The one or few competitive edges you have over others?
Be prepared to answer - "Why should I use your products and/or services?"
Try to develop the contacts over professional media like linked in and try to get in touch with them.
Make and handle database. Also do not forget that if someone said a no to your services it means they would never want them ever.
Just because of a no do not forget those leads, keep in touch by giving them positive strokes, some informal mails, sharing time to time success, perhaps this may help them to decide to give you a trial...
About going on field...
A BDE is required to meet the clients and give presentations. It is a part of the job role. If you are not comfortable going alone (since you are a female) I think put the issue up and ask if someone can join in with you or assist you in the meeting.