Dear All,
Management is giving least preference to the Salary in a Company.
The Company had a practice of paying the Salary after 17th to 25th of the succeeding month.
There is no financial problem also in a Company.
Legally how to come up with this type of situation or where to notify these type of problem under statutory obligation
Suggestion Needed.

From India, Ahmadabad
Is there anyone in the management team who can listen to you and find you a result.
Ideally when salaries are altered or delayed, there is a formal communication by the HR. Please talk openly, with the concerned HR / Authority.
Observe the situation from both employee and employer's side.
Approaching the labour commissioner's office would be your last report, where you need to read the damages on a far bigger scale.

From India, Mumbai
(Cite Contribution),
There is nobody is to take a step forward for this type of grievances. In this situation how to tackle it.A person who comes forward may become a target in the atmosphere. So the best method to tackle is by statutory law. Only thing is how to follow the step silently and beneficial to all. For this courage is required to make them understand that statutory law is to be followed. Please advice.
MK Verma

From India, Ahmadabad

Dear Verma, First of all check the wage month, whether it is 1st to the last day of the month or something else. As per Payment of Wages Act,1936 wages have to be paid within 7 days in case where the number of employees is less than thousand and where it is more than thousand, the maximum stretch is 10 days of the expiry of wage month. (Section 5) In case of delay beyond this period the local Labour Inspector has powers to initiate proceedings under the Act. So you may contact the local inspector. KK Nair
From India, Bhopal
Dear Mr. K K Nair
The wage month is 1st to last day of the month, employees is less than 1000. So is to be given in writing to the Labour Inspector or verbally can be inform to authenticate the delay of payment of Salary.
MK Verma

From India, Ahmadabad
Mr.Verma, there is nothing like verbal compliant recognised under any labour law, everything needs to be in writing only.
However, complaint or no complaint, my advise to you guys is to look out for a job change, as delay in salaries is the first sign of a company going down the drain (pls refer Kingfisher case), even as u say there is no financial crunch in the company, u r defintiely not in a very professional company who will care about employees.

From India, Mumbai

Dear Shri Verma, The complaint could be oral to the Inspector. It is for the inspector to act in this matter, for which a complaint is not necessary. He can suo motto take action too. Looking to the apprehension you had expressed earlier of possible victimisation, the Labour Inspector could be informed orally and requested to intervene. However, if the same could be given in writing (Union can do this) then further action is bound to happen.
From India, Bhopal
Dear Mr. K K Nair / Mr. Dixon Jose Thanks for your valuable advice. There is no Union in the Company.Finally the answer is these type of situation will be dealt by Labour Department. Regards MK Verma
From India, Ahmadabad
If the employee's salary is above Rs 18000/pm then POW Act is not applicable and labour officers cannot do any action legally.This is the problem in India unless the salary limit under POW act is removed.If so all employees will be benefited.The cited problem is widespread in many industries.
Varghese Mathew

From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Dear Mr Verma,
I am working in a central government ltd company in an oligopoly where only four-five companies exist.Many of you might have guessed my company's identity since it is very much in news for mountain of losses/debts/default of payment to vendors/suppliers ! We are getting our salaries almost one month behind schedule and that too only a percentage of it.Balance they don't say when we shall get or whether we shall get at all.If this is the state of affairs in a government concern imagine where you stand in getting your grievance solved !

From India, New Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server