Company deduct ctc from my salary but 6 months end they dont start any pf-esi, ptax facility. My question is if i want those deduction by cash is company liable to pay me or if they deny what should i do against them?? Please help me.........

From India, Kolkata
What is your question?
Are you aware of what deductions are being made from your salary? How can someone deduct CTC from salary????
CTC is the cost to company which is offered to an individual and has components like Gross Salary (Basic, Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Any other Allowance, Medical Reimbursements), Employer PF and ESIC Contributions, Gratuity Contribution, Any other costs that they incur on you.
Please first understand the terminologies and use them appropriately and re-frame your query.
If you think you've framed your query right, kindly elaborate as nothing can be deduced from what you wrote.

From India, Mumbai
Thanks Ankita... My CTC is 13,000/ and i am getting 11,200 as take home from 1st October 2012, but they yet to registered in pf, esi, as we have only 8 manpower. Now i am going to leave office next month. Now how can i get those deduct amount? 1800*6 = 1080 by cash from the company i supposed. If they deny then what should i do? i have offer letter wid me....
From India, Kolkata
Sorry...Figure will be 1800*6 = 10080/-. If they deny to give that amount can i go to the court?? Labour court or any other
From India, Kolkata
How is this salary paid to you?

Cash or Cheque?

If your appointment letter states you the composition of your salary than perhaps we can know better.

The possibility of deducting the TDS from your salary is ruled out knowing that your monthly salary is 13,000 So if we take annual it comes to 1,56,000 which means still 46,000 to touch the basic 2,00,000 basic exempted limit.

There is a very meager amount of professional tax deducted from your salary (depending on your city) which should be something around 200 which do not bring your in-hand to the one you quoted.

Can you ask your employer to give you a salary slip which mentions all the composition of your salary and the deductions they made under what headings?

Also note that many SMBs do not provide any salary slips to the employees, however they cannot deny if you ask them to provide as an employee has a right to claim and ask for salary slip.

Kindly first ask your HR to give specific details and give you salary slip.

According to the header under which the deductions are made, we can then decide if it was fair to deduct that amount from your salary in the first place and if or not are they liable to pay you back if you are resigning.

From India, Mumbai
They give me by Cash. I am the only HR here, but as i joined they told me within 2 months manpower will be more than 20, so that i can registered pf, esi. Now i can find that they are not interested to increase manpower. I am leaving this company next month. So please suggest how can i get my deduct amount.
From India, Kolkata
Did you enquire from your accounts department why have they deducted the amounts?

If they are not registered in PF Act or other Act and have deducted the said amount in these heading, it is illegal.

A firm cannot deduct contributions when they are not covered under PF Act.

If incase they had once upon a time 20 workmen, they are to contribute to PF and other related accounts. In that case they should have provided you with PF Account details.

Firstly go to accounts, and

1. Ask under what heading have they deducted 1,800 from your salary?

2. Ask them to give you salary slip

3. If they say they have deducted it for PF or other things, ask them to either give you PF account no and other details or hand over the amount.

4. Is there any proof that you have been paid the said amount? Were you to sign any vouchers is cash is given to you? What amount was mentioned in the voucher?

Another thing -

Since you mentioned you're the HR for the firm, you should be knowing the formal procedures. If you wouldn't be properly educated of the rules, laws and procedures, how do you expect to do it for your staff and colleagues???

Just a piece of advice, nothing personal.

From India, Mumbai
I signed in Voucher...Rs 11,200/- i signed....
I am sorry to say that this company is not interested to all these such things like manpower grow up. I have 4 years of experiences in HR. But never faced this type of situation.

From India, Kolkata
You mention you have 4 years experience in HR and yet you didn't collect salary slip from your employer?
Did you ask under what headings have they deducted the amount?
I do not know why they deducted it and cant comment any further unless you get the information from them.
And about their interest, I don't think that is the subject matter of the post. Let's not deviate and talk of your salary. Irrespective of their interest to grow, they should have paid you the whole salary less the professional tax (As far as my knowledge goes)
If they have deducted some amount they are liable to explain it to you.
Again you are into thiis firm for around 4 months i believe. Have you ever raised this concern with your employer?
Or did you believe all the while that your money was in safe deposit vault of the employer which they'd rightfully give you back when you resign?
How can an experienced person make such mistake?

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server