Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Sr. Hr Executive @ Polymerupdate
Why you want to address the symptom rather than the ailment? Ask yourself why employees leave?
You canít adapt any pressure tactic to stop them from absconding; you canít withhold their legitimate salary except towards notice pay, if it is terms of employment.
99 98 97 10 65
16th April 2013 From India, Mumbai
As is already suggested, first try to find out the reason people are leaving you. Since they are absconding, you will have to find out the bad about your company on your own.
Try to have a check on following aspects (try to interact with people who are currently working with you)
1. Work time: Are your employees comfortable with the office hours? Is there any modification required? Are you over stressing the work hours?
2. Salary fitment: Are you giving them considerable salary? Or you are trying to exploit them by getting then to work on lots of things but not paying well.
3. Recognition: Do you recognize the efforts of your people? DO you show you care?
4. Open Culture: Gone are the Babu days when employees used to be the Ghulams of the employers. If you still believe in this age old practice, please upgrade yourself. Today an employer has to be open to ideas from employees as well.
5. Are you listening? If your employees have a concern, are they sharing it with you? Are you trying to help them out or you turn a deaf ear?
This is not an exhaustive list but will help you to understand where are you going wrong.
Another thing, BPOs are having a very normal trend of employee absconding and their attrition rates are very high. The only thing that can help you to keep your employees work for longer tenure is to keep them motivated and engaged.
You mentioned about giving salary in 45 days time frame.
Do you think that will help you curb the problem?
The problem is not that they abscond after taking one month's salary, the problem is of attrition / absconding.
The problem is THEY DO NOT WISH TO WORK WITH YOUR FIRM ANYMORE, that they do not even care how would the tag of Absconded look in their profile.
Hope it helped.
16th April 2013 From India, Mumbai
I would like to tell you one thing that in todays era you cannot stop any employee from leaving the organisation and also you should not stop anybody's salary also as that is what the job is all about i mean everybody is earning for bread and butter.
Firstly every organisation has a way of operations and hence recruitments from organisation to organisation varies. Further it should be very clear that what are the job descriptions and what they have to perform.
I think since it's a BPO organisation the generally selected candidates would have to go to undergo a training and only those who have completed the training then are put on the desk if i am not wrong
I would suggest here is that the recruitment and training process should be so rigorous which will automatically help you judge the candidates nature . Do what you have in the final round are the cream candidates who are really interested in making their career. Then the percentage of candidate leaving would be very minor
17th April 2013 From India, Mumbai
22nd April 2013 From India, Pune
While it's surely heartening that you have acknowledged the contribution of the members to your situation/problem, why not revert back with the results in your company AFTER you have put the suggestions into effect?
That would be the BEST response from your end--contributing to the other members' learning process.
All the Best.
9th May 2013 From India, Hyderabad