I hope you find the below in order for your perseverance of material.
The model of SOP for Security & Security officer is linked herewith. Please click here for information amend/make corrections wherever necessary.
Responsibilities of Security Gaurds:-
- Security personnels have reporting methods (They maintain records of people for In & Out)
- Distributing visitor passes entering the facility with prior checking their identification and the purpose with the concerned.
- Monitoring of property against Theft, Fire and Vandalism.
- Documenting reports on incidents in the vicinity.
- Alert throughout the shift. Answer calls aptly and pass on messages (proirity based).
- Screening equipments like metal detectors have been made common in all places. Suggest security gaurds to make the best use of it.
- Operating security hand phones for passing regular messages to secy officers.
Responsibilities of Security Officers:-
- Alarming to weather conditions, Fire or any case of natural adversirty caused.
- Alerting system on crowd in excess in one area.
- Student protection force: enforicng rules neccssary.
- Patroling in the campus.
- Guiding of students to their respected destination within the facility.
- Monitoring of physical spaces.
- Checking monitors on & off for cameras duly functioning at regular inetrvals.
A minimum of two gaurds at the Main gate with atleast a security personnel at outgates, necessity of 1 each near the central parking (whether needed) at smaller parking spaces.
A base security systems office with 3 security professionals -
1] Screening CC TV's
2] Handling of cellular hand phones
3] Maintaining records for security sentinel.
[Check with management of your institute for exact no. required for deployment at site.]
- Students should be alerted to check by the ID's of security in case of any wariness.
- Security center from where the gaurds are hired should have a unique ID number which will be your security guard license number for any complaints from students to be escalated to teh amanagement ona better purpose.
From India, Visakhapatnam
1) SOPs of college security.- Have to create SOP for Security , teaching staff, non teaching staff hotel students and regular students 2) Responsibilities of security in day to day life of College(Eg. IITs).- ref duty instruction of security in the following link -https://www.citehr.com/325872-work-instructions-security-guards.html
3) Strength of security in college.- depends up on the campus size , gates, buildings, and residential places
4) Other activities in edu. Institute besides education and their impact on security department.- awarness training for students and staffs like emergency and fire etc. guard tour patrolling system etc ref www.rusafesecureblogspot.com
Pl share your precious knowledge as one of my friend is going for interview of Security officer, on next month.[
From India, Coimbatore