PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Anita P Panicker
Sr Hr Executive
Use factoHR and automate your HR processes
Mobile-first hire to retire HR and Payroll software that automates all HR operations and works as a catalysts for your organisational growth.
Anita P PanickerHi,
Please note a candidate needs to clear 3 stages to qualify as Company Secretary and these are:
* Foundation Course
* Intermediate Course
* Final Course
These are the three levels included in the courses on company secretaryship. The details are as follows:
The minimum eligibility to gain entry in the Foundation Course is a pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent in any stream. The course is of 8 months duration.
A pass in the Foundation Course Examination of the ICSI/Graduation degree or a Master's degree/Pass in ICWAI, ICAI allow you entry in the intermediate course. The course is of 9 months.
Final Course:Once you pass the Intermediate Course you automatically become eligible for admission to the Final Course.
Foundation Course: One passing the Final examination of ICSI you will need to undergo a practical training after which, you will be completely eligible for the Associate Membership of the Institute.
Company Secretary Training:
1) The Training Orientation Programme (TOP) is for 5 days and is done before commencement of training.
2) This is followed by training for 15 months after the candidate has passed the Intermediate Examination or Final Examination.
3) There is a practical training for 3 months. This is after passing the Final examination and that too, for those, who have been exempted from undergoing the 15 months training.
4) There is a Training with Registrar of Companies (ROC), Stock Exchange, financial or banking institution for 15 days.
5) The Secretarial Modular Training Programme (SMTP) is conducted after the candidate has passed the Final Examination and completed the Training requirement. It is for 15 days.
6) Depending on the practical experience of the candidates, they can be exempted from training completely or partially.
Company Secretary Course Institutes:
The headquarters of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India is situated at :
ICSI House, 22, Institutional Area Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003
The institute also has regional offices at Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai and Delhi
On successfully clearing the Intermediate and Final Courses a candidate is required to serve a training period of 1-2 years with a Company or under a qualified and practicing Company Secretary. On completion of a four months training thereafter the candidate becomes a member of the Institute of the Company Secretaries of India and is assigned a professional membership number and can use the suffix ACS after his / her name. A Fellow Member of the Institute who is normally a senior pro can use the suffix FCS after his / her name.
From India, Mumbai