Hi All,
One of our employee is transferred to Pune from Bangalore. He have his previous PF Number of Karnataka (for last 5 years). As he is transferred to Pune; he want to withdraw his Karnataka PF Amount.
Can he withdraw PF Amount of another PF Number being in the same company?

From India, Pune
The PF account can be transferred to concerned RPFC of the State. Withdrawal is not permitted in case of transfer.
From India, Faridabad
The new company he joins at Pune is also covered by teh P.F Act, he cannot with draw P.F and he ahs to transfer it. B.Saikumar Mumbai
From India, Mumbai
Dear Asmita.
If the company PF code remains same he cannot withdraw his PF and same PF number can be continued with Pune office.
If the company has sub-code for banglore branch, He can withdraw his Banglore PF by submitting Form 19 & 10C with banglore PF number, his transfer date to pune can be shown has his date of leaving for banglore PF a/c. He can withdraw after two months from the date of transfer. He should be assigned with new PF number from the date of joining at Pune office.
But it is against the PF Act. the member should not work in any covered establishment for a period of 2 months from the exit date to withdraw his PF.
As u said it is a same company it would be better to transfer the same to pune PF a/c.

From India
Dear Saikishore ji,
The advise given by you is totally illegal. When any member is out of employment for atleast 2 months or in employment for 2 months and more wherein there is no PF, only such member is entitled to withdraw the PF.
Withdrawal of PF is made on the basis of declaration by member to this effect. Employer if endorse such fraudulent declaration with knowledge, he is in fault and thereby liable.

From India, Mumbai
Dear korgaonkar ji,
I also said it is against the PF Act and the member should not work in any covered establishment for a period of 2 months from the exit date to withdraw his PF, and suggested to transfer the same.
Under humanitarian grounds due to any financial need to the employee, the employer may help in above case.
Even it is against the Act, the fact is that the above suggestion was given by PF Officials.

From India

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server