My previous company delayed my relieving process by 10 days. Despite of my successfully serving the Notice period of 1 month, my previous company HR and managers forcibly asked me to serve for 10 more days in their company and didnt hand me over my relieving and experience letter. Becoz of which I got delayed in joining my new company by 10 days. Though I have constantly kept my new company informed about the entire thing, still can my new company reject my joining becoz of this issue? Or does my new company have the authority to further negotiate with me on my salary just becoz I couldnt join their company on the date we agreed upon when they extended their offer letter to me.
From India, Bangalore
Recruitment/talent Acquisition, Career Counselling
Manager - Hr Excellence
+4 Others

Is this your FEAR or has it happened Which sector/domain is this — IT? Rgds, TS
From India, Hyderabad
Dear Sanjay,
As per your query, I think that you have extended your date of joining by 10 days.
If you have kept in loop your new employer in writing then i dont see any issue in your new employer extending your date of joining and letting you join 10 days later than your joining date. The new employers are always flexible upto 10 days for a person to join, because even they are aware of the exit formalities to be completed.
If you have not intimated your new employer in writing regarding your late joining, then your new employer has rights to reject your offer incase of delay (as mentioned in the offer letter).

From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr. Sanjay Anand,
In addition to Mr. Tajsateesh's query extended to you, I'd like to add a few which cauht my glimpse while reading this sentence - {Or does my new company have the authority to further negotiate with me on my salary just becoz I couldnt join their company on the date we agreed upon when they extended their offer letter to me.} -- What does this mean, you were given an offer letter which has no salary specified??
If yes, then what was negotiating of salary all about means?
Appreciate if you can elaborate the aver in detail to help resolve your query in a much conventional way possible.

From India, Visakhapatnam
It would have been appropriate to obtain an extension in the date of joining earlier. If you have not done so, then the employer has every right to cancel the offer.You may request the employer now for a reconsideration explaining the circumstances.
From India, Bokaro
Morally and ethically, it is not a good practice to reject the new incumbent on the ground of 10 days delay in joining, if employer was kept in loop properly. However, if during the process of keeping in loop, employers expresses that he will not accede to the request of delayed joining, then one can not do any thing. Besides, we have to think from employer's angle also. There are number of cases where new incumbent promises to join on a particular date but strangely, for obvious reason, doen not join. The entire work plan of the employers goes hay ware. So strictly speaking, employer has every right to reject the new incumbent from joining the duty if he does not join in time.
From India, Delhi
The answers and the clarity that are presented for your query are absolutely in line with established practice of professionals in Human Resources Management. As long as there is genuinety and sincerity in your functional career and in your queries.
V. Rangarajan.

From India, Pune

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server