Some suggestions to organize Safety week celebration..
- Safety oath, flag hoisting & Safety rally
- Safety pep talk by Management representative
- Training on Safety Issues (Fire Fighting, Emergency preparedness, Hazard Identification etc)
- Introduction of any Safety initiatives during the week
- Competitions & awards (Slogan, poster, safety champion)
These are a few suggestions which can be organized on short notice. Hope they are useful.
Best wishes on Safety week celebration.
Shweta M C
4th March 2013 From India, Bangalore
Thanks Shweta for shareing valuable things in the same I would like to add some points.
1) You can show safety related video clips related to your process.
2) Arrange Seminar of Government authority from Labour Dept.
APM Group, Pune
4th March 2013 From India, Pune
Please see below detail of Proposed program for safety week celebtion.it will be helpful to you.
Proposed program of Safety week celebration - 2013
Like previous years, it is proposed to organize various types of competitions as a part of safety promotional activities and to exhibit best practices by various departments to arouse consciousness among the employees on 4th March to 10th march as safety week Celebration.
As a part of Celebration, we have arranged below competition during safety week. And all employees should participate in it. (Including contract Employees).
A. Proposed Safety Competitions
1. Safety slogan competition
2. Safety poster competition
3. Safety Suggestion (by find out unsafe act/condition)
4. Safety song/poem competition
In this all above competition which creation is best among its category will awarded with gift and Certificate celebration on the last day of safety week 10th March.
Best in Safety Slogan Competition 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes
Best in Safety Poster Competition 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes
Best in Safety suggestion 1st , 2nd, & 3rd Prizes
Best in Safety song/poem competition 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes
B. In above all activities a special award for Best active coordination in department for competition will given to Department head or Supervisor which department has submits maximum entries. All Department Head is coordinator.
Best safety coordination 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prizes
4th March 2013 From India, Rajkot