if you are principal employer, you need below documents :
1. Application form-1
2. Agreement of every contractor '
3. POA of signature authority
5. Form-XII (Register of contractors
6. Fees as per manpower
and if you are a contractor
1. Form- V from Employer
3.Application form - IV
4.Fees as per manpower
22nd February 2013 From India, New Delhi
Kuldeep ji rightly answered to your query. I wish to add to him as under:
1. RC is for you i.e. PE and not to contractors as you said in your query.
2. Kuldeep ji has given you a list of basic documents as required to obtain RC and License respectively. Apart from those documents, every state Govt. has it's own list of documents additionally. For example, some states ask for affidavit / undertaking by employers for certain compliances. Each authority has different procedure.
To find out the forms and formats also other documents, procedure etc. as required in your state, you are advised to approach the appropriate authority.
22nd February 2013 From India, Mumbai
You have not mentoned the state where you seek RC under CLA? I presume you are in Delhi.
If you are in Karnataka there is a separate procedure in addtion to the above and the scheme is called SAKAL wherein we have to submit various authenticated documents.
If in Karnataka I can help you.
Ram K Navaratna
24th February 2013 From India, Bangalore