One of my colleague gets confirmation after 2 and half years and that too after confirmation lowest ctc that too with out backlog of delayed confirmation. As on date his CTC is 1.30 lakhs, lowest in the company and the new guys working with him in the same category much junior to him, after confirmation are getting 1.80 lakhs. Management does not entertain his grievance. Where to lodge complaint and how to overcome this loss?

From India, Kanpur

I somehow missed replying to you

I am not sure if the reply now has any meaning, but still .....

You are stuck between the hard and unpalatable options.

You being the HR rep will always be questioned by the employees on their needs. If you can't convince the management, then you will have to accept their stand and inform the employees. Normally, I would suggest that you should not join a company where you don't like the HR rules or to leave, but that is not an option for you either at this time.

No leave during probation is common. And the duration of probation can extend if the company requires or wishes. If they valued the employee, they will confirm him early. If not, they would not care if he left. There is no law to prevent it.

Maternity leave is required to be given by law

You can chose to fight format when you require it. Trying to do something now would result in your termination. You would be protected from termination after you are pregnant. Let others who need maternity leave fight it at this time. Let them file a complain without your intervention. That is in your benefit not to get involved at this stage.

I hope you realise that the company will react to you badly if you try to take up an legal action. Do you really want to take up a stress of that kind during pregnancy ? Even if you win, you will be terminated immediately after you complete maternity leave. So at best you will gain 6 weeks paid leave (or 12 weeks). Be sure that is what you want.

From India, Mumbai
It's the company's choice.
If they feel he is not worth it, they will pay him less.
If he thinks he will get better elsewhere, why did he wait 2 years ?
Let him get another job and leave.
Except in government jobs, there is not concept that you get paid more just for having worked a certain number if years,

From India, Mumbai
Dear friends,

All said and done denying a justifiable maternity leave to a pregnant female should be viewed sympathetically rather than with a legal angle or with a business mind. Once a firm recruit a female employee they are well aware she will get married, bear child(ren) and all associated happenings. Where is the question of looking at this with different way. If she is to be given she should be given. If she is denied or grant it without pay has got its own problems. Imagine what happens, if she were not to seek even a single day of maternity leave or any other leave, and imagine she delivers at her office desk itself. Strange but tit for tat. May be the firm not only would have to bear all the expenses thereafterwards, not only that even the compensation if arises for handling this issue very badly. Hum India is India. I would suggest a very careful but calculated move. Let her not apply any sort of leave, bear the troubles of coming to office, but take care of both's health. Don't murmur, don't apply for leave, don't fight for anything, just behave as if nothing has happened. Who knows the very same firm would be pleased to reach her all the help needed at the appropriate time. Not only leave but also the citizenship of the firm having taken the birth within their premises. Humane did not die in India. God will answer her prayer, let me not sound sentimental. Pardon me, it's very difficult for her, but I mean it.


From India, Bangalore
Helo sir,
i am employee in special edition, btm layout.
1 month they gave 7000 rupees
2nd month they did gave any salary
i returnhome kerala
they say that they transfer money in 1 or 2 days
but no money transfer. 1 month now. no cash
plz give

From India, Thrissur
Sir, I already leave my company approx 5 months back but till date company not settle my account full and finally. HR told that they are in financial crisis so they will settle my account as soon as possible.Many times I called him,but he was not attend my call and in head office nobody was attend my call every time. now I am working in a new company but my previous company was sold their most brand to a Gujrat based company with huge monetary transaction ,they are refuse to take me and my few colleagues. My previous company get huge money to sold their products but hr tolds that they are in a financial crisis. What I will do? I am in a big trouble without money.
From India, Delhi
Dear Saga, Approach the inspector under the State Shops and establishment Act for getting paid your dues of salary because it is his duty under the Act to ensure compliance of provisions. If your claim is time barred under the Act, then if you were a workman, approach the labor commissioner under the ID Act or file claim petition before labor court. If your employer was running a factory, then file claim petition under payment of wages Act or approach inspector therein. If non of the above is applicable file suit before civil court for recovery of salary dues.
From India, New Delhi

I was with a Travel Company from Nov 2011 and left the job in sep 2014 as per the company rules I had to serve a notice period of 2 months for which I did paid them by working 1 month without salary and paying 1 month salary by cheaque.
Now after several mails and calls they are not sending my release letter and no update on my PF amount.|
Since I have join a new company in October 2014, they have sent me an EPF form to fill with all the details and also about UAN details if I have.
My previous company use to give half amount in cheaque and half in cash to protect there tax or something so automatically my pf also showed up less.
There are many other employee in the same organization who have faced the same scenario and have not been given pf. When it is totally clear that nobody can take pf then how come they have the guts to do so, they have several consumer court complains for there services, they also do all the frauds in there accounts to protect there income tax portion.

I really want to get my hard earned money back and if possible i want to put a complaint against them for this.
Awaiting your kind revert.
Please help!!


From India, Kolkata
Dear Sadaf,
Pl refer to earlier post titled "how to recover PF from closed company" recently on the site, and similar posts. Pl adopt the method elaborated there for recovery of pf. If still you are unable to get it pl write back.

From India, New Delhi
Hi Team,
I left Technosoft Global services pvt ltd on 16th Jan2015, due to emergency i had requested them to process my full and final settlement by first week of feb 2015, even i got a confirmation from finance team that they will be processing it by first week of feb 2015. Then when I asked them on first week of Feb 2015 they started playing that, they haven't recieved something or other and till now they havent confirm me so please let me know what would I do? Its very very frustrating and I am thinking of logging a complaint on labor court.
Please help.
Abhishek Mishr

From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views.

Add Reply → Start New →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2022 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server