Surrender Of Scheme Certificate & To Get Back Money - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I was working for a Limited for a period of 15 years from 1986 to 2001 as accounts Officer. I was given a Scheme Certificate for eligible pensionable service as 6 years and past service for 9 years. Now I am running 51 years. I wish to surrender the certificate and to get back my money. I request you all seniors to guide me how to proceed further.
Dear Sir,
You are not eligible for with-drawal benefit as you are having more than 10 years of pensionable service. So, you will be eligible for Pension under following Circumstances:
1) On superannuation (Age 58 years or More and atleast ten years of service) - The member can continue in service while receiving this pension. On attaining 58 Years of age, a EPF member cease to be a member of EPS automatically.
2) Before superannuation (Age between 50 and 58 years and atleast ten years of service) - The member should not be in service.
Hope the above information is clear....
Uday, HR

Dear Mr.Udaykumar,
Thank you very much for your reply. I need some more clarifications.
1..After I left from the previous employer ( i.e.2001 ) I did not made any contribution to EPFO through any new employers. which means, since there is no further contribution after 2001 & there is no further added services.
2.Since, there is no continuous pensionable service (10 years) and I have certificate for only 6 years, How to surrender the certificate and when shall I apply for benefit. Is the 6 years Certificate is eligible for claim pension.
Your reply in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Thanks & regards.

Mr. Kgsram,
You have to submit the scheme certificate to EPFO with Form 10D claiming the Reduced Pension you will get the pension with effect from the date you attained the age of 50. Go to your employer get filled the Form10D and attach the certificate and submit to PF office.
Vijay Dere

Dear Senior's,
I have transferred two of my earlier Pf account to my new employer ( by submitting form 13 form 10c not submitted) the epf portion was transferred to my new employer epf account.But no clarity on Eps portion.
Whether the form 13 takes care of both epf and eps transfer or
Do I need to submit form 10c and get a scheme certificate from the 2 previous employers epf accounts and submit it to my new employer epf account.
Also what is the minimum period (I.e period of service) to obtain a scheme certificate.
If scheme certificate provided by my previous employers EPF accounts do I need to submit it to my new employer EPF account.
Expecting your valuable advice at the earliest.

Dear Sir,
After gone through your above post, There is no need to submit the form 10C for scheme certificate as already you have applied for transfer of your previous employer PF accumulations to your current employer PF accumulations by using Form 13(R), which is used to transfer of both EPF & EPS accumulations.......
Hope the above information is clear!!

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™