Stability Test Certificate For Chemical Industry - DOCX Download - CiteHR
Safety Consultant
Raghuvaran Chakkaravarthy
Environmental, Health And Safety
Assistant Manager-hrd
Korgaonkar K A
Agm Ehs And Project Management
Consultant & G.m.
+3 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear members,
Recently our factory was inspectioned by Dy.Chief.Inspector of factories. One of his remark is, he has asked us for stability certificate for the industry. Can any one guide in this regard, what is stability certificate, where to apply, what is it's validity period.
Hope you will respond to my querry as early as possible.
Thanks & regards,

Dear members,
This is not meeting my requirement as I need stability test for the factory like buildings, equipment and structure etc..
Anyhow thanks for your prompt respond.
Thanks & regards,

Dear Mr. Ramesh You can contact the Competent Person under factories act for getting the stability certificate of buildings...
Dear friend,
You can take guidelines from the following links:P
<link no longer exists - removed> <link fixed>
You can visit the O/o the Inspector of Factories of your jurisdiction, they will have the approved list of Certified/qualified /registered Engineers (Structural Engineer) for this purpose. You can also consult the Director of your District Industry Centre who can guide you. If a Regd. Structural Engineer is not available you can consult a Chartered Engineer from your area who may guide you. If you could not get any one let me know.
Use the gist from the attachment (it's for Karnataka, similar provisions may apply for AP, you can get a copy and proceed accordingly.

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First

Dear Ramesh ji,

Stability certificate is issued by a competent person in respect of every work of engineering construction i.e. your factory building. It is a certificate of stability of your factory building.

This certificate is to be obtained by the occupier of factory from competent person and submit it to chief inspector of factories. It should be approved by him.

This certificate is valid for specific period as laid down in state rules applicable to you ( in Maharashtra it is 5years ) or till such time you make extention, alteration, repairs or addition of machinery, plant etc.

Competent person means:

(i) a member of associate member of institute of Civil Engineers;

(ii) a member of institute of Structural Engineers;

(iii) a full member of associate member of institute of Engineers(India), in branch of civil or structural engineering;

(iv) a civil engineer of public works, not below the rank of executive engineer.

You are requested to confirm the above from your state rules as applicable under Factories Act.

Mr. T Ramesh
Mr. Korgaonkar has given the correct answer to your query.
The factory inspector insist on stability certificate to check that workers are working under safe roof or not.
Contact to above mentioned Competent persons in your city. one of them must be preparing stability cerificates. or you can contact to companies/factories nearest to you and get the address of the competent person who issues such certificate.
Finally if you dont get solution directly contact to factory inspectors office they will be having details of such authorities who issues stability certificate.
Arun J.

Dear Mr. Ramesh,
To add to the replyfrom Mr. Korgaonkar, the competent person can be a structural engineer associated with the Architect of the building.
Usually these structural engineers are associate members of Institute of Engineers.
Dear Mr. Korgaonkar,
Thanks for the correct reply.

What is the validity of Building Stability certificate in rajasthan and names of authorised persons for issue of Stability certificate.
stability certificate should be in form No 1A.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™