State Government Emplyoee
Premkumar Nair
Manager (hr)-retired
Manager- Hr Compliance
+2 Others

Hello everyone,
I am writing this on behalf of my wife. She is working with a public limited company which is basically situated in Chennai. This company does have offices all over India. My wife is working with this company for last three years in Pune office. Her appointment and service is done only in Pune. Our hometown is Pune and we live in Pune.
Her company has PF accounts under Chennai EPFO. We know for sure that her company had not contributed to PF from April 2011 till the date. As my wife is leaving this company and company is not responding for settlement properly, we want to place a complaint to EPFO for the same.
So, I want to know, can we place complaint for above stated issue at Pune EPFO even though the member's account is under Chennai EPFO.?
If No, what should we do.?
If yes, can someone tell us the procedure.?
Thank You.

From India, Pune
We assume that she has become a member of the EPF and contributing to the same, If so, you should be having her account number and the amount of contribution made so far. The monthly pay slips must be showing these details. In addition, since she has been working for three years, we assume that she has made contributions for the three years. If so, she should have got the annual accounts statements for the three years or atleast for anyone year. Since you have not given these details, we have made these assumptions. In such a case, you can make a complaint to the the RPFC concerned. It is their responsibility to take suitable action to make the employer comply with the EPF Scheme and also settle the dues promptly.
From India, Madras
Thank you for your support.
Please find answers to your queries as below,
1) We too assume that she has become an EPF member, as per her salary slips.
2) The monthly payslips does show PF deductions (Employee Part). It does not say anything about employer part.
3) She has contributed to EPF in last three years as per her salary slips. We don't have any other source confirming the same.
4) Yet, she was never given any annual statements till the date. Now company is avoiding/neglecting our request to have the same.
**So, I want to know, can we place complaint for above stated issue at Pune EPFO (Pune RPFC) even though the member's account is under Chennai EPFO (Establishment under Chennai EPFO).?
If No, what should we do.?
If yes, can you tell us the procedure.?

From India, Pune
You can send the complaint separately to both Pune and Chennai RPFCs so that you get the result quickly. There is no prescribed format. You can send a letter detailing the situation and requesting them to help you to get the settlement through the employer. By the way, has she left the job or not? If she has left, she can fill up the final settlement form for EPF and fill up the portions she knows and give it to the employer to forward it to the RPFC concerned for settlement. There are portions the employer has to fill up in the form. Hence this procedure has to be followed. If the employer refuses to do so or if he delays you can point out this also to the RPFCs in your complaint. If she has not left the job and is only asking the details of her EPF from the employer which he is evading, then you must mention this to the RPFCs in your letter and ask them to inform you the account number as well as the amount standing in your credit. You can wait for about a month for a response from the RPFC. If no reply comes within that time you can file an application under RTI asking them what action has been taken on your complaint and the persons responsible for the delay. That will expedite matters. Please send all communications through registered post with ack due and also keep copies of the same for future use.
From India, Madras
Dear Smit.Zaib
Pls note down the following points:
1. Collect Pay slips of your spouse starting from month of joining ( wherein PF No. and contribution amt deducted must be mentioned)
2.Form 16 received from Company in your spouse name ( wherein PF amount deducted must be reflected for Income Tax purpose)
3. Submit a request letter to HR Dept. mentioning your interest to withdraw or transfer along with duly signed prescribed Forms under EPF Act.
If at all , your request is not entertained by your employer, then approach to concerned RPFC office with all relevant docs which you have submitted to your employer for addressal of the same.
After submission of the said docs to RPFC wait at least 60 days,hopefully your matter would be definitely addressed .
If not,you may file an application under RTI asking them(i.e.RPFC) to reply .
Thks ,

From India, Pune
Any establishment having their branches in various States are supposed to maintain sub accounts with EPFO in those States for the convenience of employees unless the Estt is exempted one. Hence this company may hv account in Maharashtra/Pune. You can get information of remittance thru an application under RTI Act in Pune EPFO office. The Estt code can be accessed thru Google or EPFO site. After getting the infn., you can lodge a complaint, if reqd.
From India, Mumbai
Thanks again for your support.
She in the Notice Period. Her relieving date is in mid-February this year.
We will be doing all you have said in the due course.
I twill take around two - three months have something solid in our hand.
Will let you know accordingly.

From India, Pune
1) We have collected most of the Pay Slips from company, stating date of joining, PF No., PF deductions till the date. In three years, company has officially (deliberately) given her Salary Slips with two different PF Acc. No.s. We just noticed it recently.
2) No form No. 6 is given by company.
3) We have submitted several request letters to HR Dept. mentioning her interest to withdraw or transfer. HR department reply saying that they will refund employee contributions and employer contributions to us, but not any interests or government contributions. Also, they are asking us to fill up the Form 10C & 19 mentioning leaving date as April 2011 (which is cheating/fraud).
The problem is, we are basically from Pune and we can not go to Chennai to visit Chennai RPFC, as this company comes under Chennai EPFO jurisdiction.
**So, I want to know, can we place complaint for above stated issue at Pune EPFO even though the member's account is under Chennai EPFO.?

From India, Pune
Thank you for information.
1) Is it compulsory by law to maintain sub accounts with EPFO in those states where establishment have their branches.? (This is not exempted establishment). If yes, please tell me Section where it is mentioned so.
We know for sure that this company doesn't have EPF accounts in Maharashtra. But they do have registered offices in Pune & Mumbai.
2) We know the establishment code and it comes under Chennai EPFO.
**Can we get information of remittance through an application under RTI Act in Pune EPFO office, even though the company/establishment comes under jurisdiction of Chennai EPFO.?
**Also, I want to know, can we place complaint at/through Pune EPFO (Pune RPFC) even though the member's account is under Chennai EPFO (Establishment under Chennai EPFO).?

From India, Pune
Dear All,
I am an employee of UP State Govt. EPF is regular deducted from my salary which is supposed to be deposited into my EPF account. As per State Government Rule, DA arrear should also be deposited into EPF account.
Yesterday I downloaded my EPF e-passbook. Total deducted EPF amount as well as DA arrear amount is not showing into e-passbook (Even EPF for whole year is also not deposited). I contact concerned person in my Account Division but he did not give satisfy reply. Another person from account division told me that deducted amount and DA arrear has not deposited into EPF account. I, guess, EPF office will not pay interest.
I have following questions:
1. Who is responsible for this?
2. To whom I have to contact for this issue?
3. Is there any punishment for this?
Thanks in advance

From India, Delhi

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™