Recruited an employee above 58 years age - Can we deduct PF? - CiteHR
Am - Hr
Davendra Pal Singh
Retired From Hudco

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi all, Recently we have recruited an employee above 58 years age. Can any one guide me what action is needed for this employee in statutory like pf, esi, pt. Can we deduct PF? If we consider him as consultant what is the formalities need to be done.
Hi Prasad,
For such members there is some thing called "CONSULTANT" mode- so you can take him as a consultant.
In this mode member cannot avail any statutory benefits.
1. Joining formalities: You can take a NDA, joining report form if any applicable in your Company and also you can issue an consultant agreement where you can put mutually agreed terms and conditions.
2. Payment: Ask consultant to raise a bill for his fee on the Last working day of the month, On approval of the bill by the Reporting Manager/Authorized persons the payments would be released. ( TDS applicable)
hope these information's are sufficient.

I am a pensioner under EPF pension scheme implemented on 16th Nov.1995. At the time of its implementation I was serving in Housing and Urban Dvelopment Corporation Ltd. (HUDCO), HUDCO Bhawan, India Habitat Center, Lodhi Rpad, NewdDelhi (A PSU under Ministry of Urban Development and Povet Alliviation, GOI. I optef this scheme. I got retired on my retirement age of 58 years on 31st July 2003. Thus I have contrubuted for about 7.5 years.

Also at thetime of retirement I got 1/3rd amount commuted. After retirement I am getting pension as follows:

(i) From Dec.2005 to July 2014............Rs414/-only ,

(ii) August 2014 to July 2015 .............. Rs 683/-

(iii) From August 2015 to till date ....... Rs633/-

Kindly let me know under the above circumstances with a period of 7.5 years of contribution am:

(1) I am elligible for pension? which I am getting.

(2) Will my family will be elligible for pension in caes of my demise?

I shal be very thankful if you could guide me accordingly.

With best wishes. and VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR -2017.

Very Truly Yours

D. P. Singh

SI-57, Shastri Nagar,

Ghzaiabad-201002. (U.P. )

Mob; =91-9958150490.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™