While I very little idea about the business environment in Ireland, I am taking the liberty of sharing a few thoughts on the possible hurdles that you are facing in sourcing business as an employer branding consultant.
1. If the economy in general in Ireland is not booming, then employer brand building would be the last priority for most employers.
2. You may not have effectively communicated the advantages to brand building, especially the financial gains for corporates that can be an outcome of such brand building,
3. You may not have met the right people from the corporates and shared your card with them. It is only top management who can take enlightened decisions on employer brand building.
4. You may not have demonstrated sufficient work experience, client profile, a clear cost benefit analysis to the potential clients you have met.
5. You may not be tapping into the right type of clients for your kind of services.
6. The market in Ireland for your type of services may not have matured or the awareness is very low and so you will have to work on creating such awareness.
I would suggest the following to help you create a brand for yourself which in turn could possibly translate into more visibility and exposure for you and thereafter lead to possible business inquiries.
a. Write a few articles in local newspapers/ trade magazines in Ireland on various aspects of employer branding.
b. Take on guest lectures at various colleges/ Rotary clubs etc on the said topic
c. Associate with a local charity / social service organization and do some free branding assignments for them and use the resultant data to showcase the power of branding as also the skill sets you have.
d.Get more visibility for yourself s a branding specialists by using other channels of communication eg. blogging, being featured in local news papers etc.
e.Revamp your website / add more stuff for visitors/ put some case studies for visitors to appreciate the services you offer etc.
Trust my thoughts will help you ideate more and come up with an effective winning plan of action.
24th January 2013 From India, Mumbai