Working As Assistant General Manager (personnel)
+2 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hi Seniors,
Can any employee's name be changed in PF? for example :- In our org. one of our employee's name is Rakesh Tripathi & PF contribution goes to this name only but due to his s/a is in the name of Rakesh Mani Tripathi, he wants to change his name in PF. Can is it possible if yes then what is the procedure?
I am looking for solution , kindly help me out...
Thanks & regds.,

Hi Asha, Once the PF account is opened in a specific name it is difficult to change the name. Employee should take care at the time of filling nomination form.
Okkk sir....Actually somebody told me that the surname can be edited at the time of return but i did not know how? that’s why i asked to edit the name... ASHA
In that case let us wait for others to comment on it. I too heard that name change requests are acknowledged every 6 months but practically didn't work for me. Name or surname either can be changed only at the time of withdrawal. I did this for my employee and it worked;
Prepare an application of name change and submit it at PF department. Keep the acknowledged copy with the stamp for your records. At the time of withdrawal you can attach this letter with withdrawal forms.
I did so because there was error in the entire name & in other case the spelling was wrong.
But suggest in your case do not fall into such things else you might end up spoiling everything for the employee. Withdrawal process might take long resulting in numerous follow up in the PF department. Ideally what difference would it make if the middle name is not mentioned (not to hurt anybody's feeling) in PF account till the amount is deposited correctly??

While withdrawing the PF , the employee can use a letter issued by employer by mentioning his actual name. Also add any supportive docs. ( ID proof) which verifies/supports his claim.
hi this is Jyothi, my qualification is MBA-Marketing i have total 9+ years experiance in sales coordinator, now i want to move purchase department please sugest hw can i move, or else what is the furture in sales cordinator job please advice

hai i want to open one small company please give clear picture how can move how to make company name it is nacessary to mentioned item while registration, please sugesst now a days what is the market products.

Dear Asha,
While withdrawing the PF amount from your PF account, along with Form 19 and Form 10C (for withdrawing pension amount), you give a copy of bank statement and the Annual PF statement copy. Right?. Along with this give an affidavit, duly notarized, that the name in PF account and the bank SB account is the same and belongs to one person only. This will suffice your problem to a great extent. Needless to break your head on name change in PF.
P. Vathiraj
9585 333 344

Oh okkkk....Thanks a lot for your valuable advise and your valuable time as well.. It is very help full advise towards in changing name in PF. Regards, Asha
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™