Saswatabanerjee
Partner - Risk Management
Loginmiracle
Consultant & G.m.
Akmathur13
Engineering Services - Qa&i
Avloc2003
Manager
QUAMAREAZAM
Operation Manager
+5 Others

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I got an offer with 40% pay hike & promotion, but it involves relocation. my present company on resigning promised me a 30% pay hike with promotion in the coming appraisal cycle which should be in 3 months. i know for a fact, they will not go back on their word. The new company is in the same domain & my job would be pretty much on the same lines with what i do at my current company.
I am at the lower end of the pay bracket for the role in my current job & even with a pay hike of 30%, i would be at the lower end of the pay bracket after the revised designation which i would get after my promotion. I am not sure what to do, because my initial decision was based on the low salary & designation which my present company is taking care off. Please help.

From India, Hyderabad
Hi, You can further describe the size of the NE to that of CE and the scope you see with NE. By scope I mean technology, growth prospects & profile with package.
From India, Ahmedabad
Hi Hiral,
both companies are 200-500 emp strength. with the NE i would be working with a niche domain/market. the company is a bit more into specialized solutions. growth prospects and other things like performance reviews shift timings n all i have yet to speak to the reporting manager cause during my interview i was told its confidential and he could not divulge info right now.
an addition to my earlier question, does it look ok now to speak to the line manager about such things, least it sounds i am not a confident person.
based purely on the pay hike, would it make sense to relocate?

From India, Hyderabad
Ofcourse not. I didn't understand how would disclosure of shift time hamper company's confidentiality. Anyway, you might even want to consider the cost involved in relocation. 40% hike with relocation expense might equal to 30% hike staying in the same company.
There are two ways to it;
First stay with the same company - you don't need to adjust with culture, people, policies. You prefer being in comfort zone.
Second opt for new opportunity - you get into effort zone. Develop new skill, meet new people, grow scope for your future, learn new things & with that adjust with all the above.
Your goal in life will help you take right decision. But now that your NE is ready to wait for 12 weeks you can clarify with the HR rest details. You would surely not want to risk your future with vague structures & policies. What if you end up in a trash. By this I surely would not want you to stick to your current employer only but suggest you to analyze before its too late.

From India, Ahmedabad
Accepting counter offer, after resignation is not ethical.It can back fire also.If company was carefull to you, they have taken care initially. What you will do, if comittment not fullfilled?
Again next year will you do the same thing? When you deicided to change job, thats why applied & got selected, then why going back?Think and decide.

From India, New Delhi
Hi,
In my view you should continue with your current employer for 2 reasons : (a) 30% increase with promotion and enhanced role would make you much more relevant not only in the present job but also in future. This shows your company puts premium on your performance and are keen to retain you. Your staying back would further improve your bond with the Company (b) Relocation has its own hidden costs, in adition to financial viz., cultural fit, local adjustments with the environment etc. Further since the job profile is almost same you may not get opportunity to learn anything new.
Please consider your decision in the above light.
Ravi Thakur
VP (Corp) and CS
Purearth Infrastructure Limited

From India, New Delhi
Dear,
It depends how long you have been working in the CE. At times change helps in growth. However you have to take a call depending on your personal preferences. Some people do not like change, while others compulsarily look for change so that they do not get stereotyped.
A new work culture and location brings a change which prompts better performance, for some it is opposite. If you like taking risks, go ahead and join the NE. if you do not like taking risk and are happy in the current location, continue in the CE.
Whatever you do, enjoy yourself

From India, Delhi
Dear
I agree QUAMAREAZAM ,Accepting counter offer, it will not ethical & It can back fire. What you will do, if commitment not fulfilled?
So if at all you stay with the CE. asked them to give the raise W.E.F as same your are going get there . Or Tell them your ready to stay if they give you in writing that you will get pay hike of 30% automatically after three months.B'cos in today's corporate world , any thing can happen , they may make a arrangement of new staff in coming three may asst. to you with same caliber . & might create situation that you have start looking for NE.This things are happening in today's world . So be careful & take a decision
Most Important Opportunity knock the door its we who have see whether it right time to accept the same or not.
BABUDADA.

From India, Mumbai
Dear, You must not bank on a gentleman’s (verbal) offer. Make sure that you have all offers in writing before you make a decision. A promise that is not on paper is worthless... Regards, Riaan
From South Africa, Johannesburg
you should accept the NE offer of 40% and move on your career path. Since you have already been with CE for 5 yrs. Later on after 1 or 2 year you may come back to your CE with further rise.
From India, Kolkata

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™