Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear vandana
You have tried your best to put up with your husband but he is not interested in you .Although this is not the proper forum to answer your query yet I advise you to approach the legal aid services authority in the court where ever you are residing , and file a petition under domestic violence act and claim maintenance , right to residence for yourself, and all the medical expenses you incurred during the pregnancy and after delivery of baby.
thanks and regards
wish you better future.
rldhingra, Advocate

From India, Delhi
As a Psychiatrist by profession, having seen similar situations, I suggest the following, BUT YOU NEED 2 DECIDE.
1.It is not about him, it is about you, what is the meaning of your life and what do you want out of it.
2. Your expectations are not satisfied till date, look in to the rationale behind your wishful thinking that he might change.
3. Successful marriage happens when BOTH WORK IT OUT or KEEP WORKING IT OUT..... I understand you are willing, but he!!!!

From India, Bangalore
Dear Vandana,

Let me give you a few examples of what I have seen in my life. Hope these will help you to make your mind up.

Case 1: A BCom graduate marries her meternal uncle, who is not qualified, and decides to settle in his village against the wishes of her parents. She is happily married, though her father does not entertain his son-in-law.

Case 2: A graduate girl marries an MA qualified chap; who decides to settle in the village and is happily married, though she had to compromise on her own ambitions.

The above two cases are from South India.

Case 3: A 30 year old BA (Hons), from UK, marries a 31 year old, BA (Hons), after going and staying with him in the States to judge if they are compatible. They run into problems soon after the wedding and after 5 years were at the verge of divorcing each other. The parents-in-law (both first time immigrants to the UK)were committed and said irrespective of what the kids do, they will be friends and help the kids to iron out their differences. The kids decided to go to couselling and after a number of session, have lived together; they are happy. The girl stood by the boy even when had a nervous breakdown for 2 years. He has supported her wish to quit the job and pursue her personal interests.

Case 4: A girl of Indian origin was married off to another years ago. The girl gave up her job, up north, and moved to London. The mother-in-law started giving her trouble and asked to bring all the money that she had earned before the marriage, etc. She kept her a prisoner and collected the Social Security Benefit. To cut the story short, the girl's father went to visit her and brought her, back up north, under some pretext and she never went back again and got a divorce. She decided not to marry again and lives with her family and is in full time work.

From United Kingdom
Good morning everyone ,

Thank you everyone for supporting me ..

According to me .. I would like to opt the case 4 .. (post by Simhan )... by the end of this month i'll gonna take serious decision ... according to suggestions given by the Citehr professionals... my last decision would be to as given under ..

Under the Married Women And Children's (Maintenance) 125, a married woman is entitled to maintenance / allowance from her husband for herself and their children to maintain themselves during the marriage without having to wait for the divorce hearing in the Court...

If the husband faiIs to make one or more payments, the wife can make a complaint to the Court and the Court will issue a notice to show cause to the husband. If he fails to show cause he can be imprisoned for up to one (1) month for each month's maintenance he defaults...

Please do suggest me if Iam Right or wrong .. and yes I have start searching job .. iam trying to distract my mind from husbands side ..



From India, Calcutta
Ive read the posting. Before you going the legal battle please think twice.First you decide whether your will power will change your husband minset. In case if you are in dilemma get good job and join the duty. The new work place will give some peace of mind. Then later you decide.
Though iam giving my own advice. Please always consult with your family seniors. Then decide the matter.

From India
Dear Vandana,
Your decision is right . Please do find an advocate and keep consulting, not because you need to file a case, but entirely , because you need to know your rights in full.
Wish you all the best !

From India, Mumbai
Taking legal action only satisfies one's EGO this does not fix anyone life, Our law system is broke.
Just by marrying legally doesn't make both husband and wife it takes, Love, trust, affection, empathy, understanding ............ and both should be sensitive to each other.

From India, Bangalore
as per my opinion you should take some rest at your pearants home.then going on your job and take legale advice from concern .and take decision you dont have lots of time you should take action urgent and go ahead. take care.
From Pakistan, Karachi
Dear Readers,
Thank you all for supporting me ..... I have register my complaint against my husband in National Commission for Women
Please do let me know .. will this help me .... bcoz I would like to go for counseling with my husband .. bfore going for divorce ...
Please suggest ..
Vandana sharma

From India, Calcutta
Dear Vandana,
Wish you all the best. Please speak to Advocate Batta, RL Dhingra and Dr. Mohan Sunil Kumar. They will offer you guidance on what to expect out of the steps that you are taking and what all would you need to avoid. Try and maintain a journal, noting down details of the discussions will help you stay focussed.
Wish you all the best. God bless you !

From India, Mumbai

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™