Manager - Hr Excellence
If done smartly, its good.
It can help you get good raises, choose your area of work and join a great company.
Downside is that if your career story is only job hopping, you come across as unreliable and confused and after a while, companies would not want to touch you with a barge pole.
Do it in moderation. Don't overdo it. And have a good reason apart from money for every job hop.
8th January 2013 From India, Delhi
the disadvantages of job hopping is more than as compared to its advantages
1. Changing of jobs for better designations and hike in salary
2. Change in work profile
3. New exposure to other companies and work culture
1. Too much of job change will create a big question on the stability.
2. In order to sustain i today's market scenario, one should change but not only for salary but also for good work exposure and learning.
3. Also salary hike for changing job should be based on skills and knowledge and not on the standard expectation.
Also keep in mind that always get the right skills and knowledge in the current profile or in the expertise area and then look for a change. A candidate should always bargain based on the skills and knowledge they possess and not just for a sake of changing or getting better hike.
If you have the skills and knowledge more than the requirement, then you can get the best remuneration as compared to your other colleagues in the market.
8th January 2013 From India, Mumbai
These reasons can be a result of Industry , Organisational , even personal challenges, often beyond the control of the individual. However , not at any point of time, they should raise any questions on your dependability.
You might get more insights from this Job hopping - Boon or bane
9th January 2013 From India, Mumbai