Please find below some points to include in your exit interview:
- What are the two most crucial reasons for your Resignation?
- Is there any thing that could have been done differently that may have affected your decision to leave?
- Would you like to rejoin the organization in the future? Are there any pre requisites?
- How did you find the morale in your team and the Company?
- What are the major areas that need improvement in the organization?
- What were the three positive elements you saw in the organization?
- Did you experience growth in terms of level and responsibilities with adequate inputs/training?
- Was the job Satisfying? Did it add value to your knowledge base / career?
- Were you respected as an individual?
- Do you feel that you were fairly compensated for your position
- Did you feel your manager / organization provided you with enough freedom and space to allow your creativity to blossom?
- How does your new assignment / job compare with that in Envision, in terms of job specifications, designation, and compensation?
- Do you have any tips to help us find your replacement?
- Additional Comments if any?
These are the points I could think of.... you will get some more important points from our seniors...so go thru all and make one that suits your organization.
I am giving some links below with reference to your query...
I hope it might be of some hep to you...
I am sure , you have found the best format, suitable for your requirement. However, since you are designing, request you to ponder a little.
What would you want to know from, someone who worked atleast 8.5hrs for 5 days week, doing what he or she was hired for, during their employment? We know, most often its the money, what bought them here. Yet, what kept them, within the organisation, till they were there? What were the things that they looked forward to every Monday, inspite of the monday work pressure ?
There can be a zillion reason what makes an employee move out of the organisation. Most of them are generic such as money or growth opportunity. What was the threshold reason leading to the decision to change the job ? You are most likely to come across a unique reason for almost every employee.
If you focus the interview to find the faults in your system and an 'after-action-review' , you are most likely to find the answers supporting your questions. Please do consider as a 'relationship-buiding' initiative, as much as you did when the talent was first short-listed and interviewed. If you plan to build an organisation alumni, then the exit interview, is the best time for you to start. A talent leaving today might be a better fit for you tomorrow or even a connect to the talent pool you would want to hire. Please consider the infinite possibilities that can be there. Wish you all the best !
If you are interested, I could recommend a good tool for this. It is a wonderful software product developed by a Bangalore based company.
For more details, you can contact Mr. Jagadish Babu, Greytip Software, Cell: 9880739002,