Epf & Esi Matters
Kalpana Annu
Hr Manager & Mr
+4 Others

Thread Started by #sid.biswal123

My application to EPF office was rejected because i applied directly.Why can’t i apply directly instead of going though company HR who are not cooperating.Is there a rule regarding this?
27th December 2012 From India, Bangalore
Dear Sid.biswal123,
Please explain us your situation with much clarity.
- Are you still working with your employer? If yes, why do you require to withdraw your PF
- If you resigned and want to withdraw your PF, you have to fill form 19 & 10c and get it signed by the authorized signatories from the HR department - Has this been done?
- If they did not sign your PF copies, what is the reason?
- Why did you approach the PF office directly?
Furthermore, why will the HR not cooperate you?
No employer has the right to stop the PF of any employee. In addition, the employee can withdraw their PF on their own but the forms need to be signed by their employer prior to the submission. If there aint any glitch, but still the employer plights the employee, the employee may take signature from any gazetted officer and submit in the PF office.
We would defintely appreciate on retort of the above enquiries made inorder to ensure the other members post their views. Thanks!
27th December 2012 From India, Visakhapatnam
1.No i have already left the employment 2 yrs back.
2.They were not even providing me PF forms so i applied directly.Can i ask HO to getting it signed as state HR is not cooperating?They were not even forwarding my settlement forms which they ultimately did after i complained to HO.
3.Local HR was hands in gloves with sales team to which i had complained against to HO hence animosity.HO intervened & thus i got final settlement.
4.I had taken attestation of a gazetted officer but not signature of company,then why did EPF office declined my request?
27th December 2012 From India, Bangalore
It is the responsibility of your previous employer to update you regarding the withdrawal of your PF when you resigned. As I said earlier that no employer even have the right to stop your PF amount, I would also like to highlight the point that there is no limitation on the period for the withdrawal. Possibilty is write a letter to your HO and ask them to send you the PF withdrawal forms (19 and 10C) Fill the form and sign across, take the gazetted officers signature and squash a revenue stamp to it. Give your Bank a/c number with stating that you have been unemployed since 2 years and submit at the EPF regional office. They will tell you the next procedure.

If you are working in some organization then a much simpler way is to ask the present employer for your PF amount transfer to the present organization's PF account, where the HR will have the Form 13 filled and duly submitted to the PF office for further process.

Note: There is no time constraint to PF withdrawal/ PF transfer.
27th December 2012 From India, Visakhapatnam
Dear Sid.biswal123,
the best solution is to transfer that Pf amount by applying form - 13 in your new company .
but if you want encash your PF amount . pls enquire why the applicaton is rejected in pf office or you can contact Reginol PF inspector .
he will help you.
its your right and you will get it .
Robin Dhyani
27th December 2012 From India, Delhi
Dear Sid
Apply again to the provident fund office with a application that employer is refusing to attest the forms for withdrawal
and request to get attested the form through office.
Hope office will hear your voice.
27th December 2012 From India, Mumbai
Dear Biswal,
If you are not getting your Form 19 and Form 10c (Withdrawal) attested by your current employer, you can get it signed by any Gazetted officer and then directly meet the PF Commissioner who is always approachable at EPF Office, seek his advise, he would be the right person to help for PF withdrawal processing.
If you have already applied for Withdrawal as your have mentioned above, better get the status of your claim (Online) and meet the concerned AG section in PF Office, if you don't get proper response, better meet PF Commissioner.
You would definitely be getting the response on your claim. Can you please let me know you belong to which EPF office? if you are from Hyderabad, I would let you know the contacts of the Local EPF Offices to get your work done smoothly.
28th December 2012 From India, Hyderabad
Sometimes all the formalities except signatures by authorised representative of the employer, PF office reject the claim then what should be done. I have come accross for such a case where the member submitted the following details and even after submitting all the required information his claim was rejected and the papers sent by PF office to the Employer for attesting the same. Papers sent are : 1). Form 19 & 10-C duly attested by bank Official. 2).Affidavit cum Indemnity Bond duly attested by Notary Public declaring have not withdrawn PF amount. 3). Date of Joining and date of leaving alongwith Salary Slips.4). Copy of Bank Pass book duly attested and MICR code & IFSC code already imprinted by default on the Bank Pass Book. 5). Attested Photo Copy of Ration Card. 6).Blank cancelled cheque. In this case what should be done. I shall welcome members advice. Thank you very much
--- Raj..
28th December 2012 From India, Bahadurgarh
thanks for response from all members.I had attested documents by a gazetted officer but still they rejected.Why such a draconian rule?why do i have to plead for something that i have rightfully earned?all my PF\'s are in mumbai.they din\'t even send my forms to company for attestation.they rejected it totally.If attestation by employer is not mandatory then why are they rejecting it?
28th December 2012 From India, Bangalore
Though there must be some reason with the employer for not attesting the claim forms but legally speaking, no employer has the right to with hold the claim forms or to refuse for attesting the claim forms.
I will suggest that--
Either get the forms attested from the Bank manager along with a copy of pass book and submit to RPFC giving reasons for such step if the service has been left within one year of sub mission of claim,or
Submit the claim forms with a forwarding letter to RPFC stating therein the full facts and requesting him to get the claims forms attested from the employer through his Enf. Officer.
29th December 2012 From India, Chandigarh
Please meet pf commissioner with your rejected claim and seek guidance. It would be better for you. Regards
23rd October 2013 From India, Mumbai
Hi Sid,
However your question was asked a time ago, but I would like to answer here for the knowledge of others.
Most of the people still thinks that for PF withdrawal, it is necessary to contact your last employer HR. Employees were needed to fill out Form 16 and then they were wait for its approval. And then at least a month later they were get their amount.
But nowadays if you have clarified your KYC approval, then you are not needed for confirmation from your HR. Here is a handy guide on Rules of PF withdrawal, where you may get help: https://www.bajajfinserv.in/insights...vailing-a-loan
8th March 2019 From India
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™