Employee Handbook (A document to be submitted to the new joinees)
a. Short introduction of the company (2 pages max)
b. Code of Conduct (3 pages)
i. attendance/ punctuality
ii. absence without notice
iii. telephone and internet use
iv. dress code
v. tobacco products
c. Leave and holidays (2 pages)
d. Performance Policy (1 Page)
e. Grievance Policy (1 Page)
f. Termination Policy (1 Page)
g. One page document for new joinees checklist (documents to be submitted)
2. Recruitment Process (documented) and workforce planning (A standard document for the management use)
a. Manpower Requisition
b. Standard Procedures of selection
c. Hierarchy of selection
d. Orientation and probation
e. Work Hours / Shift timings, breaks
f. Personnel Information
3. Induction Management (A standard Document for the management use)
a. A chart of organization hierarchy
b. A gist of HR Policies attendance, leaves, performance, office conduct and codes
c. A gist of compensation and benefits
d. A gist of performance review
4.Employee Records (Files with the set of documents one for each employee)
a. Interview details with correspondence
b. Complete and latest CV of the employee
c. Interview records
d. A completed employee form including references
e. Educational certificates and sheets
f. Any other required documents
g. Medical Reports
h. Relocation details if any
i. Work permits and related documents
j. Employment related letters
5. Performance Management
a. Objective of the Performance Reviews
b. Performance goals and criteria for reviews
c. Performance Review Procedure
d. Performance Reviews schedule
e. Performance Reviews Hierarchy
f. Performance Development meetings
6. Compensation and Benefit managemen
a. General Benefits offered to the employees
b. Rewards temporary and permanent
7. Training Management
a. Need Assessment
b. General Training
c. Topical Training
d. Skill enhancement
e. Advancement of knowledge
8. Exit Process
a. Hand over
b. Exit Interview and forms
c. Contact information
For HR department setup , first you have to hire some HR guys who posses the knowledge of HR processes and functions.
You can setup different HR cells like Recuritment cell , Training & Development cell , Employee engagement cell and so on and then initially stremline all the related functions.
You have to educate your existing employees about the importance of HR department for your organization so that they can understand the need of new department and cooperate them.
1) Manpower - appoint a HR officer with resonable experience in general HR functions and an assistant to assist him to start with.
2) Office management -You need to maitain records and registers.The basic registers to start with are 1) Muster roll 2) leave eregister3) Wage register5) visit book6) Leave application forms 7) travel reimbursement forms 5) Bio-data forms to record employee details 6)Service record 7) developing a filing system -subjectwise/employee wise etc.
3) Basic functions -- 1) Framing basic HR policy and rules 2)Punctuality and attendance 3) updating leave record 4) preparing holidays list 4)conduting joining formalities 5) Monitoring probation and confirmation 6) salary admiinistartion 7) basic statutory complainces like P.F.ESIC,Labourwelfare fund,professional tax deductionsetc.9) minimum employee enagement activities 8) Full &final settlements.
HR & labour Law advisor
If you are a start up firm, the first thing you should do is to outsource your payroll to and outsourcing organisation as it saves your time, makes you complaint, and reports on time.
For any further clarification you can call me any time @9540869797......