Statutory Checklist Required In IT Or BPO Companies - CiteHR
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Asst Manager Hr
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear All,
Can any one give me statutory checklist for monthly and annual returns which is required in IT or BPO companies.
For eg. for PF, PT, ESIC, LWF, Payment of wages, Bombay shop & establishment, Payment of Bonus, Maternity act, Minimum wages.
and also would like to know which statutory can remitted from head office? and which need to be remit from each branch in different states?

Returns required to be furnished by IT and BPOs are the same as applicable to other industries. There are checklists available in this site itself. Please get it.
Of various payments, licence or registration renewal fees payable under the Shops Act is a state subject and the same varies from state to state and hence separate remittances for different locations are required to be made. Similarly, profession tax is also a state subject which should be paid to the respective Municipality/ Gram Panchayat where the office/ branch is functioning. Minimum wages also differs from state to state and the wages should be fixed accordingly. At the same time, payment of wages can be centralised and even the Provident fund and ESI can be remitted centrally for different locations.

Dear Madhu Sir,
can you guide me if an organisation head office situated in gram panchyat area being an HR what procedure to follow. i heard about getting NOC from panchayat. Since shops and establishment act only applicable for Muncipality and NAC area not for any office in panchayat area .can u give more information on that like after getting NOC to do? Is it required to register the office under shops & establishment Act? if not then how an office will be registered and what statutory records and returns will be made under which act.
waiting for your expertise views.
Ratikanta Rath

As per my understanding the Shops Act is not location specific and therefore, it applies to establishments working in panchayats also. Licence to run business which is issued by the local administration (Panchyat/ Municipalities or Corporations) is the basic licence to run a business or profession whereas registration given under the Shops and Commercial Establishments Act is to ensure provisions relating to welfare, health and safety of the employees employed therein. Therefore, you have to take licence and registration separate from Panchayat and Labour Office

Dear Madhu Sir,
I am belong to odisha state. Kindly go through the link
in this link in case of OS& CE act, 1956(i.e Orissa shop & comercial establishment act) is mentioned "This Act is applicable to all the shops and commercial establishments situated in Municipality and N.A.C. areas".
Need your views on that
Ratikanta Rath

Since Shops Act is a state Act there will be difference in its application. But your Act also states that it is applicable to establishments in 'notified areas' which you need to find out, which all localities are notified by the state.

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™