Hi All,
I am working as a system senior operation specialist in this company from past 4 years.currently I am in notice period,in the notice period my designation is changed to \"Network service Delivery Engineer - L1\" Without my knowledge.
I have got good opportunity outside...there I mentioned my designation as \"system senior operation specialist\"...But now my designation is changed... please friends suggest me how to intimate this change of designation to new organization...

From Japan
Do you have any letter/email that states your designation or was the designation communicated to you orally?
If the designation is mentioned in the appointment letter or appraisal letter, you can ask your HR to verify the error.
If not, go to the HR and communicate your problem. Tell the HR that you had been communicated that your designation is X and it is printed in the relieving letter as Y which is not to the mark of X. This would not only harm my future growth prospect but it also makes me look untruthful when I have communicated that I am at X designation.
Try to understand their point first and then you can explain and probe further. Pls note that be calm all the while...
Hope it helped :)

From India, Mumbai
Hi Ankita, Thanks for your reply...
I don't have any letter/email that states my designation and it was communicated orally my previous manager....Today I have requested my current manager to change my designation as same as previous..But he is telling that he don't have that designation for current project.and he is asking proof for previous designation but I don't have...Now my problem is how to communicate this change of designation to new organization...
Is this cause any affect on my offer....Please help me on this

From Japan
Just ask your senior who communicated to you or whoever communicated to him/her about your designation. Ask him to verify the doubts and why was it wrongly communicated to you and if it was right, it should also have been communicated to the HR dept or concerned person. This is a serious issue and needs attention. Pls ensure that you talk to all authorities together and get the doubts clear at the same time else they may trick you... All the best.

Pls take it as note for future reference that whenver you join a new organization, ask for appointment letter and ensure that it has your designation, joining date and CTC offered so that you can keep it for your reference. Also whenever there is any modification/appraisal of your salary/designation, ask your employer to give you an appraisal letter mentioning same. This is your right to claim and no employer can deny it.

The office might not have a practice to issue these formal letters, but they cannot deny if someone asks for it.

Hope it helped.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™