First of all congratulations on getting such a wonderful opportunity to expand your role, demonstrate a number of leadership traits and at the same gain an invaluable experience. Since you have not specified at what level you work or the kind of responsibilities that you can take on, I shall share a broad overview of what would possibly need to be done to ensure a successful meet.
- prepare a broad list of activities that are essential to smoothly organize the event. eg. theme of meet, venue, dates, travel arrangements, accommodation, invitations to participants, cultural activities, sight seeing etc
- form the teams and the leaders who could take charge of one or more of the above activities
- ensure each of these teams prepares their checklists
- have timelines and responsibilities penciled into the checklists
- call for initial meeting with all concerned and the HR Head should give a proper briefing on the event, the expectations from the teams, the budget estimates etc.
- do not forget to have a post conference check list
The presentation that you have to give will depend on the theme of the meet and / or the topic given by the organizers so it is not possible to give any suggestions on that at this stage.
This a wonderful opportunity but there will also be a good bit of chaos, confusion, irritation, ego clashes, stupid errors etc but the learning will be invaluable.
27th November 2012 From India, Mumbai
PLEASE accept my hearty congratulations on getting a delightful opportunity to be a part of international HR Conference. Already Mr. Jacob has given very vital and useful tips, which are all important and useful. Please follow them to details.
As regards your presentation, as already has been pointed out it depends on the topic of the conference. You will come to know of it soon. Please utilize this rare opportunity to the best of your ability and to the maximum.
I wish you all the best in this regard. May God, the Almighty, be with you.
M.J. SUBRAMANYAM, MUMBAI
27th November 2012 From India, Bangalore