No Tags Found!

I am working in IOCL through a Contractor for a contract job of one year. So as this one is a one year contract, I have refused to deduct my PF from my CTC and my contractor is also agree in this mater.
My per month salary is also more than 20,000 and fulfil the the guide line of Employees Provident Fund Act. But my chief engineer has refused to sign the bill in the absence of PF challan
So pls help me........ can anybody force me to become an member of provident fund scheme or this depends on me.

From India, Kolkata
Consultant & G.m.
+2 Others


If the ACt is applicable to all employees, one single employee can't be exempted. In your contract if all employees are covered under the PF Act, single exemption can be challenged.
Vinod Bidwaik

From India, Pune
Shyam Agrawal

Dear Shri Ajit Ji,
I would suggest you to please personally talk to your Chief Engineer and listen to his reasoning. If you accept his reasoning and agree with him, you problem is solved. If you cannot agree with him, please let us know his reasoning to help us suggest you the way out. The EPF & pension fund cannot be forced upon you but it would be better to listen to the other side. Thanks & regards,

From India, Pune

Dear Ajit,

I presume U on the rolls of a (Labour) Contractor who owns a licence and has PF registration and he is remitting the PF contribution in respect of other employee who are within the purview of PF. The Chief Engineer tried to avoid any violation in cutting and remitting the PF for everybody and he is scared to give you the exemption. So he is cautious. But though your salary is at 20K, you also said it is CTC. So it is not clear what are included in your CTC, perhaps the contribution towards your PFalso. In which case it may be difficult for you to escape. Of course your side also there is some reasoning as your apptt. is a tenure post and there is no likelyhood of your pension after completion of one year. So your contribution to Pension fund going to be a loss to U only as you cannot qualify for a pension. But try to think it differently, supposing after this tenure of one yr. you will leave this contractor and take a regular apptt. with some one else, (why not under the very same chief engineer) there is a possibility of transferring your PF and Pension A/cs to the future employer also. Try to think positively. I hope you must be good enough to aim for a bright future pal.


From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.