Partner - Risk Management
Administration Head
+1 Other

Hi all,
I left Vertex/Shell transource in April 2012. I submitted my PF form in July 2012. I have not yet received my amount. The PF number they gave me on my payslip is wrong. I tried making that entry in the pf website. The response I got was that this is an invalid number. How do i ensure that the company pays me. None of the employees who left the company at any given point of time got their pf amount. this amount was religiously deducted from my salary every month.
Pls advise
22nd November 2012 From India, Mumbai
Considering you mentioning as to none of the employees have got, you shall need to write a letter to the company asking for all the correct details mentioning that the previously given details are wrong,
Secondly, if they still fail to provide you the correct details you need to check your company presence in the EPFO website, to make whether it has its registration under the same,
Thirdly, you shall complain to the Authority, EPFO regarding the issue and request them for introspection and justice..... you may also request them if, the company is indeed a fault then the Authority shall file them under criminal charges.....
23rd November 2012 From India, Bangalore
I second BSSV, you must speak to your employer for the correct EPF number and can also ask for the Correct Salary slips if you dont have or with incorrect details.
Second, before going for further action or complain to EPFC (Authority), you can visit to Employer with EPF claim form duly filled your details (Employee and Bank Account) and a cancelled cheque, and need to get it authorised by Employer alongwith the complete details of Employer (Establishment Code, Stamp/Seal of Employer and other ) can submit to your local EPFO directly.
You will surely get your EPF amount . Best of Luck
23rd November 2012 From India, Gurgaon
Please tell us what you have done so far apart from trying to go online.
Which firms have you filled and where have you submitted them ?
I hope you are aware that pf money will not come automatically to you. You need to apply for it with the PF authorities. further, if you have joined another company that has pf, you need to transfer the pf to the new company, you can not withdraw the amount.
I had a few cases where some former employees of ours called saying they are getting a message that the pf number is wrong. I got our pf consultant to help them file for the refund manually (I assume they got it else they would have called again). I do not know why our guys wer not able to see it online, but I am told that it happens. So it makes sense to talk to your former company hr first.
24th November 2012 From India, Mumbai
Hi Saswata,

I had filled in the mandatory PF form and submitted it in the company. I am now following up with the company asking for an acknowledgement number which is proof that my form has been submitted to the PF office. They are not reverting to my mails. When I was working there, we had a lot of employees leaving. When i contacted them, they told me that their form has been rejected. What is the odds of each and every form getting rejected by the PF office, when the HR helps you fill in the form. I have over 14 yrs experience and have worked in 5 other companies. Even though the mandatory period of submitting the pf form is after 2 months of exit, these companies asked me to fill in the form during exit, and then submit it after 2 months. It is when I see the bank statement I come to know that the PF has been credited to my account. This is the first time i am chasing a company for my PF. If i put in the pf number given on my salary slip in the PF website (epf org) it tells me invalid number. That is why i was bit concerned. I have nothing against the company. Knowing the inside of the company is what keeps me tensed about my pf. I hope you understand.
25th November 2012 From India, Mumbai
Hi Benjamin
Now it's a question of how much pf you have there, what is at stake and how much time you have.
If you are interested in getting the money and have the time, I would suggest the following :
1. Fill the form again, get it signed and stamped by the company and submit it your self to the pf office
2. Take the help of a pf consultant to submit and follow up.
(he will get it confirmed whether there is actually a problem)
3. If there is a problem, he will help u complain to the pf authorities
4. You may take help of some labour organisations in the are in putting additional pressure on the pf,dept for action or find you a lawyer who will take it up,with the courts (they may have lawyers who will do it on success fee basis and limit your appearance in court). Since you have contacted others who have the same problem, you can file a single complain in court, where the success fee for the lawyer will be more attractive
25th November 2012 From India, Mumbai
Hi Saswata,
I spoke to the HR guys and they gave me my Pf number finally - but, the EE amount and the ER amount does not match. The ER amount is less than the EE amount.
I will have to go there and fill the form again. The pf amount is in the Mumbai office. so will submitting the form in the pune office help
1st December 2012 From India, Mumbai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™