Industrial Relations
Korgaonkar K A
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
i need a help regarding pf inspection where returns havent been filed and they have asked me about previous paid challans where they were lost only document 6a is avilable now ,what are actually needed for inspetion officer and how i have to file the annual returns thank you
From India, Ongole
Dear Teresh
What is the manpower strength of your organisation? If it is less, then you may not feel any hardship in filing the Annual Return.
For PF inspection, Keep all the following documents ready for inspection.
1. PF Registration Certificate
2. Copy of PF Remittance Challans (Monthwise).
3. Supporting Pay Sheet of the employees.
4. Form 3A, 6A and Form 12A copies.
5. If the PF is paid for the contractor workers, then the copy of Contractor bills for cross check the paysheet amount, bill amount and PF amount duly remitted.
If he asks for any other details and if you have the same please provide the same or otherwise you can ask him to guide you. If your behaviour is polite, surely he will guide and help you.
Wish you all the best

From India, Kumbakonam
Thank you in this regard my employee strenth is 50, is less and as i said the pf paid challans were lost can i upply for a copy from the pf office ,and i have heard that they will also ask for ,balance sheet and Ledger also and some registers of employees branch wise and pay registers both wage and salary,can i get those challans back from pf office to make a personal filing or i have to do something more please guide me sir.Thank you.

From India, Ongole
They will ask for the attendance Register (if you pay them as per Minimum Wages Act and payment is less than Rs. 6500/-. Then they will ask for Wages Register. If the workers are engaged through some contractors then they will ask for the bills / LOI of the contractors to verify and talley the Bill and paysheet. If the contractors are mere manpower supplier, the paysheet amount must be between 65 to 70% of Bill amount. If the contractor is doing the job with material then the wages amount must be 30 to 35% of Bill amount.

From India, Kumbakonam
Thank you for giving me the suggestion regarding this issue and i will be looking for your help in future also, is there any other issues that i have to be particular about if you can suggest me it would be more helpful thanks once again sir.

From India, Ongole
Dear Bhaskar Sir, Can PF Inspector ask for Balance Sheet of Principal Employer for crosscheck with wage registers? Can he/she ask for ledgers against different heads?
From India, Mumbai
Dear All,

The query by Dear is bit confusing to me. He has not mentioned which returns are not filed but mentioned that 6A is available and at the end questioned how to file annual return.

It seems to me that Mr. could not filed annual return in 3A/6A for want of copy of paid challans. The copies of paid challans are lost / misplaced somewhere.

My advice to Mr. that he should apply for the certificates from Bank where he has made remittance. With the help of those certificates of remittance, he can file the annual return in 3A/6A.

Since 6A is available, I am sure he has reco of this account with details. If not, he can certainly generate it.

Now my answer to a question by Dear Abhay to Bhaskar Sir is, the Inspectors has powers given u/r the section 13 of EPF & MP Act. He is a public servant as per section 18A. Any obstructions to the inspector in discharging his duties is an offense punishable u/r para 76 of EPF scheme, para 42 of EPS scheme and para 29 of EDLI scheme read with section 14(2). He can inspect the books of accounts of establishment such as cash book, ledger, petty cash book, vouchers payments, registers, TDS statements, balance sheets and P&L statements etc. When he inspect the above records, he can can cross check with payments / payment vouchers / payment registers.

I hope my answers to both Mr. Mr. and Mr. Abhay are appropriate.

Thanks with regards.

Keshav Korgaonkar,Insurance Advisors,Corporate Advisors,Legal Advise,Wage and salary,,Labour Compliance Audit,SSI registration,NOC from

From India, Mumbai
DEAR SIR , Thank you very much it is appropriate for my doubt sir and i hope you will be avilable for me in futhur clarifications thank you once again. Regards, TERESH.
From India, Ongole
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™