Suresh P
Hr Professional
Ishwinder Singh
Hr Executive
Service As Dgm-hr/legal
+2 Others

I would like change my surname in PF, superannuation and gratuity account post marriage....what are the formalities and document required......
From India, Delhi
Do not change your surname in past documents at least 5 Years after marriage. After that if you wish to continue your job with your husband's surname. Then you may first change your ID cards then you apply for change in legal documents where you submitted that for your benefits.
From India, Ludhiana
Firstly you have to prepare an affidavit (Notary) bearing the changes, then inform the changes to your employer by enclosing attested copy of the same affidavit. For EPF fill form-2(Revised) with amended details duly attested by employer and submit the same to EPFO & for form gratuity fill the revised form- f to the employer. LAst but not least coordinate with your HR Dept. they will formalize all formalities.
thanks & regards,
Sumit Kumar Saxena

From India, Ghaziabad
Dear Barya both, the practical and legal advise have been rightly advised. Now you have to take decision which one suits you. pkjain
From India, Delhi
In addition to Sumit's suggestion, you have to publish the changes in the gazette and subsequently in the local newspaper too to complete this process.
The gazette copy is the actual authenticated document to the name change effect. It would be better if you preserve the newspaper advt along with.

From India, Pune
Dear For change in surname in PF etc. You have to apply for change surname in Govt. Gazette and susequently apply with copy of gazette to concerned authority. Regards, Bharat
From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™