Look at the issue from the management point of view.....Employee will always behave like employee, he will have 100s of reasons to justify his mistakes. So what if serves 17 yrs or 100 yrs, it doesn't mean he can spoil the work place. Go for strict action as per your company HR policy.
if you show mercy you cannot be manager. Rules applicable irrespective of anyone with any position holding with company.
1. Get co-workers opinion on him.
2. Warn him with written letter and if he apologize get the same in written.
3. If he continue again....Issue him a termination letter with notice period(optional)
Keep all the supportive documents and proofs for his misbehaviourial attitude inside office premises.

From India, Chennai
Dear SDD,
Request you to talk to his family since most of the cases because of family issue and little misunderstanding between boss and subordinate relationship may be the reason for this strange activities.
It can be solved, if you try to talk to the person with personal care along wtih his family.

From India, Madras
Empathy is most misunderstood concept in HR. Many a time, we, instead of empathysing, will in fact be sympathysing with the employee unknowingly which is often found to be mispalced.In the instant case, the employee has reached the pinnacle of indiscipline by coming to office in drunken condition and misbehaing with customers who constitute the bread and butter of an organisation and he was warned many times before about his unseemly behaviour but still he is persisting in it. Should HR devote all it's time and energy reforming an incorrigible employee much to the neglect of it's orther responsibilities.However Iam not advocating any summary dismissal of the employee. If the HR still feels that there is scope for reforming the employee, it can try another chance. If not, the case merits disciplinary action. It is the HR that has to take a prudent decision.
HR & Labour Law Advsor

From India, Mumbai
This is Divyaanusha, i have been working as an Executive HR in Hospitals. I have to give circulars regarding Staff Nurses and admin Staff behaviour and their respective nature with their superiors, HODs and Doctors during their working hours. Because some of the staff is not maintainig respective nature. Plaese help me.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear SDD, In what capacity is the workman working? If he is in worker category and standing orders are applicable to him, then you have to issue a chargesheet, conduct a domestic enquiry and if the misconduct is proved in enquiry, then past record of the worker has to be examined, then you can take the appropriate decision
From India, Pune
Initally we have to establish the misconduct of the employee by way of testing of blood at Pathology lab and written complaints from witnesses and make that employee admit that he was under the influence of alcohol and build up a file and give him a chance to improve. If still he doesn't change and again if he commits and get the domestic enquiry done and follow the Principle of natural justice strictly and terminate him.
In such a case even if the employee move to court of law also, management do at right side
Thanking you

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHRô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server